1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Tranny to Use

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by jam2506, May 9, 2006.

1. jam2506

jam2506 Junior Member

Hi guys, currently i have a 92 integra gsr trans in my ls/vtec, im going with a procharger supercharger kit on my setup, and was wondering if the ls tranny would be better or just stick with my gsr trans, let me know bc i am going to install an lsd in whichever one i keep and upgrade the clutch and flywheel and axles...let mek now guys?

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

keep the gsr tranny if it is in good shape. maybe throw in the type r final drive if you can get ahold of one

3. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

"better" is perhaps the most useless word on this website. Without knowledge of your exact intentions/goals with the car its really difficult to give a "better" description to anything.

The LS has longer gears, good for highway cruising or if you feel like taking your Integra to 150mph.

The GSR has shorter gears, better acceleration but higher highway RPMs.

As far as strength/reliability I dont know of any differences between them.

4. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

I wouldn't use an LS, even for gas mileage. It's fucking POINTLESS to try and make something with 'big power' if you're just going to throw an LS on and try to get good gas mileage. Keep the GSR or upgrade to an ITR/CTR.

The only excuse for using an LS transmission is if you're actually driving an LS/GS/RS Integra. Period, end of story.

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

i was ready to try and prove wil wrong...but hes totally right..unless your car came with an LS...you shouldnt use that tranny...its just wrong...thats just plain mean.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted