which tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dirty d

Alright whos got an oppinion on which tranny i should use with my new motor (99 b18c) came with tranny. i was guessing it is mutch easier to switch trannys than to build a custom hydrolic clutch kit. maby not cheaper though when i switch trannys ill pbrobly need a new clutch too$

ok these are what ive heard of b16 jdm tranny dont know what year fits? and 92 or an older style integra tranny, that one is very easy to get, not shure on the years that will fit my engine,( 99 gsr usdm). Which is the better tranny?

Also does anyone have a picture of were i have to dent my car to get that motor in?

thankx guys peace.. dirty :tardcart:

lol i always think its funny when people done provide all the info needed to get the correct answer to there question, its like trying to solve a math problem with out all the necessary numbers to complete it.

:beer:

Sory guys im a tard, its a 91 crx si, Its getting new paint befor the engine install so i want the bashing to be done right, thanks peace....

my post sounds a lil hyper critical, im not that way at all its just fuckin funny cause you see that shit alot your not the only one whos done it :p sorry if i seemd like a dick

no you diddent sound like a dick twas my fault bro..

now 1st gen you mean 88-91 b16 (jdm)?
iv also heard thats the tranny for me. annyone else, also does a hydrolic clutch help performance? peace out...

im using a ys1 tranny from a 93' xsi teg.
it is a cable tranny.

but the teg clutches are more expencive.

also are you going for top speed or acceleration?

:imgone:

im thinking acceleration is more important to me but a low rpm 5th gear is alwayse nice (ive crused with the needle pinned manny times with just the d16 motor , guess why it blew at only 135k.)
ive heard the 88-91 b16 jdm trannys are positrac... is this true? and does it bolt up to my gsr motor 99 usdm?

please help i need to know if you do thanks, dirty... :peace:

keep the 99 GSR tranny and use the hasport kit. hasport now has a kit available so you can use the hydro tranny without using a clutch cylinder or any of that stuff. i would look into the hasport kit, would make things easier, and you wont have to deal with a weaker tranny.

you could stay with a ys1 with a ls 5th gear. so your not running at like some high rpm in your last gear its alot less stress on the motor. But yea if I were you I would save up for that hasport hydrolic mounts.

Back