Which transmission do I likely have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

srt4hokie

I just purchased and had installed a used transmissionm (mine was grinding bad). The guy that I got the transmission from said it was a D series transmission but that is all he knew. It is a P20 transmission but I know it's not out of a VX/CX because i have a VX and this thing is geared way more aggressively (which like) and in 5th gear at 50mph+ the shift light stays on...

So based on the fact that on the highway at 65mph I was at 2700 rpms is there any way to guesstamate which transmission I now have?

Sort of anal I know but still I would like to know...

Quoted post[/post]]
I just purchased and had installed a used transmissionm (mine was grinding bad). The guy that I got the transmission from said it was a D series transmission but that is all he knew. It is a P20 transmission but I know it's not out of a VX/CX because i have a VX and this thing is geared way more aggressively (which like) and in 5th gear at 50mph+ the shift light stays on...

So based on the fact that on the highway at 65mph I was at 2700 rpms is there any way to guesstamate which transmission I now have?

Sort of anal I know but still I would like to know...
p20 is 92-95 Civic EX/Si

[/quote]
p20 is 92-95 Civic EX/Si
[/quote]

From the chart on here it says that P20 covers all 92-95 civics...

Quoted post[/post]]
From the chart on here it says that P20 covers all 92-95 civics...
Cool.
There's no way to determine which transmission you have from telling us
"i have a p20 tranny and went xxx at xx rpm"
Other factors would be needed anyways.. like tire and rim size.
If you have aggressive gearing, it's an Ex/Si tranny.

P-20 Tranny

I know that I just did a swap of Civic CX's and I swapped a P-20 tranny straight off an older S-20. I love the gearing it's really agressive and unstoppable if you have a sweet engine. but the point is they are off of a Cx for sure.

I know that I just did a swap of Civic CX's and I swapped a P-20 tranny straight off an older S-20. I love the gearing it's really agressive and unstoppable if you have a sweet engine. but the point is they are off of a Cx for sure.

This thread is 2 1/2 years old. Next time, check the dates before you hit "reply" please...

Back