Which Turbo For Me?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12secondCRX

I want some help with turbo selection: I'm running a Jdm B16a motor in my 90 Crx with i/h/e and full race clutch along with a 75-shot of Zex dry nitrous. Was thinking of the Greddy but any other suggestions before I buy?

Are you in Cali? Is this a street car or track only? Also what kind of tracks do you run on. I ask this because if you are in Cali-Get the Greddy kit. Because it is 50 state legal. Also you can always upgrade the turbo (if needed) and the cops wouldn't even notice. B) If it is only a track car- Look into a higher output HP kit. But a Greddy kit with a good BOV and a FMIC at high boost is lethal also. While still staying 50 state legal! What are your goals for turboing?

It's a street car and yes i'm in Cali. As far as my goals it would be to hit hi 11's to low 12's since with my current set-up I'm running 13.7's. Drag racing on the strip only no street racing!!

You will be able to reach low 12's on a Greddy kit with a good FMIC or a air/water intercooler. If you are running 13.7's now. Get ther Greddy kit, Greddy FMIC type-24v, and a good BOV. You could run 9-11psi if tuned properly on your B16 stock internals. You could possibly run high 11's on that setup too. Most likely only on slicks though.

Thanks for all the help KNOWLEDGE. I run slicks already so that's no problem and I'm building the internals right now but turbo is next so wanted to know how much to save. Again thank you for all the help!!! ;)

Ps:If anyone has any suggestions please still reply!!!

Pissedoffsol do you know a website that sells the precision sc34? I'm new to turbo and haven't heard of them and would like to get more info!!

I'm interested in finding a dealer. I have been looking but have been unsuccessful so far.

I'm leanin towards a t3 60-1 or a precision sc34. Do you reccomend one over the other?

Thanks

P.S. sorry to semi-hijack your thread

Thanks SOL for the info it looks good and the turbos look better then any I have checked into.

xziler8 don't worry about the tread we're all here for the same thing to help each other get knowledge on stuff we don't know. :D

Back