Which type of engine for and 1994 honda civic dx sedan?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Demack57

I have a 1994 honda civic DX sedan...I was reading all of theese threads and i was wondering what would be the best start on upgrading my daily driven car performance wise....in example.....keep the stock motor and boost it? ugrade to a b series? accepting all type of suggestions....

b18c1 and turbo down the road, or if u have the time, ls/vtec and turbo down the road. or turbo right then and there

why import a motor thats made in the us,...but anyways to the ts, whats your budget that what we need to know first

ya i know, i was just going to buy one off this jdm website an they're in japan an it costs about the same from them as it would to order one from the states an who knows what people do to them around here... ya know? just want to make sure that it's all checked over an works good an everything is ok.

He said it's daily driven...so he probably doesn't need THAT much performance. 94 dx sedans come with d15b7's and I don't think you'll like that I know I didn't like mine so I'm swapping in a JDM d15b vtec, it's pretty much the cheapest swap you can buy and it's supposed to run 125-130 hp. I'd say get that and boost it to 200 hp for a quick daily driver and call it a day....or months or however long it takes :D. Or a b16a with bolt-ons...depends what you want man do some research.

You never know.. my friend daily drives a built GSR swapped CRX.

ive got a d15b swapped in my 90 ef si hatch...its a daily driver and im goin turbo soon. id say go d15b and boost it

you can do that ^^^^^^

or your could take and LS slap a B16 head on it cam it up simple bolt-ons and a wet 75 shot and you have a 12 sec. daily driver. yay!

or save yourself the money and just get the d15b,

pretty much it comes down to the money you wanna spend. if you got the cash, go with an ls swap. on a budget....d15b all day

or you could put a z6 head on the d15 block you have right now ...

i assume that would be cheaper than buying a whole motor.

you can do that ^^^^^^

or your could take and LS slap a B16 head on it cam it up simple bolt-ons and a wet 75 shot and you have a 12 sec. daily driver. yay!

There's a little more to an ls/vtec than that. Unless you like rebuilding your motor or adding to the hype that ls/vtecs are crapola.

I'd say why not get the b20 if you are doing the ls/vtec. That's what I would do next time. ;)

Back