which type of manifold schould i use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
want to start a budget turbo for my d16. i would like to know what would be better to use a hf manifold, ported hf manifold, or a log style

nice info thanks. but scould i port the std mani? will it make a difference? are log style any better? thank you though

the thign to be awre of with these style of cut-off manifolds is that it requires to run an internal gated turbo.
or, cutting a flange hole for an external.

log manis are 50/50, internal vs external.

so, id say, pick out/pick up a turbo you plan to use, and go with a mani to match from there.

But like you said BUDGET TURBO i supposed you are probably going to use a DSM Turbo or something similar that is internally wastegated. So those are the only manifolds that would work good on internally turbos. And well if your going with a external wastgate turbo, look into aftermarket manifolds that have the cut out flange for the external wastegate. But aftermarket is out of the word BUDGET. Why because external turbo manis. cost around 270 to 350 bucks even more. Plus the turbo which is from 800 to 1000 bucks just the turbo itself.

Back