Which Wastegate?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no. 10psi spring IS the bottom. there is NO GOING LOWER THAN THE SPRING.

BOOST CONTROLLERS ONLY GO UP, not down

buy a boost controller, no questions asked.

What size GT35R?

Do any one has a diagram or where I can find one with how to install the hoses?
Do I need to install some kind of exhaust for the WG or can I leaved open?

you should get a dump tube for the waste gate... or your engine bay is going to get full of soot REAL quick. just a simple pipe aiming towards the ground is usually enough to clear the exahuast gases from the bay (while moving... and it won't be wasting out when you're not moving, so it all works out).

the house routring is pretty easy. side port is a vac source (tap into the intake mani some where).
the top port is for the boost controller.

I deceide for the 38m Tial with a .6bar spring, but I'm still confuse if I need to change the spring for a bigger one or just purchase a boost controller..
View attachment 9729

not trying to steal your thread, but the picture in your post, that is a pfab d series log manifold correct? wow that thing looks nice. i was debating on whether or not to get one. now i know.

back on track, this is good info on wastegates and there uses and good overall basic info. i will also be doing a turbo build soon.

Last edited:
Yes It is a pfab D series Log manifold with a Garrett GT3582R and a 38 Tial.... This manifold. works great and a friend of mine try first with a Ram RH manifold from PFAB and the Log works better plus you can still used your AC and PS... On My case the AC will not go cause the ac compr. do not fit with the long neck of the new GT35...

And Back to the Thread Tial has a diagram for the installation... http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/w3_tial_wginstall.pdf

I will add more pics with the installation of the down pipe, tial (wastegate), intercooler and some other goodies...

Last edited:
Back