1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Would Be Better?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 95HondaHB, Jun 3, 2003.

1. 95HondaHB

95HondaHB Junior Member

Sup, I was just wondering which engine would be best suitable for turbo, a GSR motor or a B18A(if i get the motor type wrong thats my bad im still not familiar with all the code names but i think its an LS motor) and i would like to know about how much each would cost if i had to do a conversion from an automatic to a manual. I would also like to know the specs of each like torque and HP and all that stuff to compare them so if anyone can tell me that i would appreciate it. Also my car is a 95 Honda Civic Hatch Back DX AUTO i hate it.....just the automatic part the car itself is cool. Thanks alot. Later........

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

gsr > ls in every aspect except price

auto-> manual is about 500 bucks in parts not including the tranny.
    specs? click the reference button at the top of your screen

3. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

:withstupid:
    the gsr will cost you about $3000 for the complete swap and has 178 hp @ 7600 rpm with 129 ft. lbs. of tq. @ 6200 rpm.
    the ls will cost you about $1500 for the complete swap and has 142 hp @ 6300 rpm with 127 ft. lbs. of tq. @5200 rpm.
    the gsr also has a tranny that will be better geared for your application. better cams for turbo. a better flowing head. a higher redline. a ghey intake manifold :p . more power to be had. and just overall a better built engine. so like POS (haha) said, the gsr is better in all ways except for the price.

4. 95HondaHB

95HondaHB Junior Member

All right then GSR it is. Thanks alot.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted