Which Would Be Better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95HondaHB

Sup, I was just wondering which engine would be best suitable for turbo, a GSR motor or a B18A(if i get the motor type wrong thats my bad im still not familiar with all the code names but i think its an LS motor) and i would like to know about how much each would cost if i had to do a conversion from an automatic to a manual. I would also like to know the specs of each like torque and HP and all that stuff to compare them so if anyone can tell me that i would appreciate it. Also my car is a 95 Honda Civic Hatch Back DX AUTO i hate it.....just the automatic part the car itself is cool. Thanks alot. Later........

gsr > ls in every aspect except price

auto-> manual is about 500 bucks in parts not including the tranny.
specs? click the reference button at the top of your screen

:withstupid:
the gsr will cost you about $3000 for the complete swap and has 178 hp @ 7600 rpm with 129 ft. lbs. of tq. @ 6200 rpm.
the ls will cost you about $1500 for the complete swap and has 142 hp @ 6300 rpm with 127 ft. lbs. of tq. @5200 rpm.
the gsr also has a tranny that will be better geared for your application. better cams for turbo. a better flowing head. a higher redline. a ghey intake manifold :p . more power to be had. and just overall a better built engine. so like POS (haha) said, the gsr is better in all ways except for the price.

Back