which would you boost?

Which engine would you rather slap a turbo on

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

w2rbass

i am desperately looking for a z6.. but i have found a good deal on a jdm d15 vtec, i think i might settle for it just because i have been waiting for sooo damn long... would they both make the same power at the same boost level, say 7psi on the same turbo and all that crap? im thinkin the z6 would make more, but then again i always seem to find exceptions to my rulings

the problem with d15b's is that there's 3 variety's of them....

87 hp, 100hp, and the 130hp model.

theres a good chance you can get a bad one from a shitty dealer.

if you can't find a z6, you're not looking very hard.

there's like 5 for sale in the classifieds right now here, hundred on honda-tech, and 1000s more in junkyards everywhere.

be that as it may, the d15b vtec and the 6 are very close. it won't make the SAME power, as the d15 has a mid-stage vtec-e lobe, but it will be pretty damn close, and pretty petty to say one is better than the other.

the d15 will have more compression though, so keep that in mind when it comes to fueling and tuning it.

as for the statement above about vtec and boost....
you're simply wrong, and slow.

I say do the d16, I'd get the jdm d15b only if I were to make a great daily driver that gets awsome gas milage. Plus d16 are plenty.

i have been looking everywhere for an affordable z6. the only ones i come up with are on the other side of the country, then i have to pay boatttloads for shipping.. i might have a deal on some stuff right now, but i have been to every junkyard in the surrounding towns.. only one had a z6, wtf, and the only one that did wanted 600 for only the engine, no 'accessories' or whatever, no ecu, no tranny, no alternator, no dizzy, i offered him 300, guess that wasnt enough for him tho

how would you be slow with out vtec
just buy a cam and port your non vtev head

Originally posted by 97hatch@Aug 23 2004, 10:37 PM
how would you be slow with out vtec
just buy a cam and port your non vtev head
[post=380784]Quoted post[/post]​

I think we were calling you slow in an area not relating to the transfer of horsepower. It probably has to do with an archaic statement that spoke against using new technology simply for the fact that the speaker believes it is too complex.

that, and VTEC heads will always outflow a non-vtec head.

port the non-vtec head all you want... but jsut remember, i can do the same to a vtec head....

.... additional injector setup + dumb fuel management = only for the name brand concious. Or the people who wish their CRXs were Festivas, or whatever the domestic equivalent is.

Just find a Z6(which there are plenty) and do a custom kit yourself, you will be happy in the long run

Originally posted by driverunknown@Aug 27 2004, 12:01 AM
Don't dog on the festiva. A b6t swapped festiva would smoke your si, with zero modifications to the motor.
[post=382526]Quoted post[/post]​

Far from it. I'm just comparing it to the CRX. They have the same good qualities, just nobody has caught on to the festiva yet (and nobody makes the 50+ horsepower widebody kit. Damn).

i picked up a z6.. and my turbo kit is almost done.. BUT IM BROKE, NOOOOO.. lol.. i need charge piping and some gaskets for the manifold and dp and stuff.. and an ecu for the engine and new axles.. and i might as well install a new clutch while the engine is out of the car to make life easier down the road.. so basically i have no job and need money cuz i want to get this beast running

turbo kit is

T3 .42.48
22.5x6.5x3.5 FMIC
Stealthmode oil lines
1g bov
hf mani
2.5-ish dp
450cc's
all i need is charge piping and some stuff to chip my ecu

IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS.. just need some damned money, so.. neone wanna buy som ebass guitar stuff?.. lol thanks a lot for the replies guys

Back