which would you prefer......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quicksi

This?
VFR_rhs.jpg

or this

zx6r.jpg

and don't bother saying "get the 'busa' y0!!!!" I have decided I want one of these bikes. Which one do you think I should get.......

well do you plan on having someone sit on it i with you are not? looks like one is a two seater the other is a one seater

Damn I lost track of bikes. The last time I knew anything about bikes the F3 had just come out. What was that, like 6 years ago? More? Fuck I'm old. <_<

Originally posted by DazedCivic99@Sep 17 2003, 06:35 PM
well do you plan on having someone sit on it i with you are not? looks like one is a two seater the other is a one seater

thats just a solo seat cover. You can get them for just about any sport bike. the cover comes off and there is a seat underneath.....

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 17 2003, 06:38 PM
Ducati

:)

if I could afford a duck, I would......I would rather have a sport bike and a down payment on a house instead......

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 17 2003, 06:39 PM
Damn I lost track of bikes. The last time I knew anything about bikes the F3 had just come out. What was that, like 6 years ago? More? Fuck I'm old. <_<

97 I believe is when the F3 came out......

cause I can afford a normal bike now, AND the downpayment on a house......Ducks are nice, but IO don't want to spend 20 grand on a bike I can ride 4 months out of the year

I think the honda looks ten times nicer. but i know shit all about bikes, so all im basing my choice on is looks. but the black on black ownz u.

i say get the Interceptor. It's a more comfortable ride and what's more sexy than a bike with a single swing-arm. :thumbsup:

Kaw all the way man...

the new VFR "or was that VTR?" has Vtec that sounds great but the book quotes 8 hours labor to adjust the valves

standard engine takes all of 1 hour if that!

I did not believe it took that long I went on about how my Vtec honda only takes 20-30 mins to do but after looking into it.... yup its true 8 hours!

lets see 8 X $60-80 an hour.... = OUCH

the GSX-Rs are great bikes for the track but have always been kinda raw on the streets a few reviews have went on about how the motors feel like they are going to blow up when you rev them past 10K even tho its never a problem it just feels very rough! also just like the duc try riding one for an hour or more.... ouch

If I could buy ANY bike right now I would have to say nothing I love what I have
2002 F4I FI rules! no more choke =) even tho all bikes now come standard with FI other then the R1/R6

s3f5112160ea6f.jpg

also before you buy a new bike check on ebaymotors.com I've found some really good bikes on there but you really need to read into the info since a good bit of them are rebuilt or droped but check this ad out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4&category=6710

P.S remember to set aside about 600-1000 for gear!

I've always been drawn to the Interceptor VFR lineup... I'm in the process of picking up a MINT 1995 model. 13k miles. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 18 2003, 02:25 AM
Kaw all the way man...

the new VFR "or was that VTR?" has Vtec that sounds great but the book quotes 8 hours labor to adjust the valves

standard engine takes all of 1 hour if that!

I did not believe it took that long I went on about how my Vtec honda only takes 20-30 mins to do but after looking into it.... yup its true 8 hours!

lets see 8 X $60-80 an hour.... = OUCH

the GSX-Rs are great bikes for the track but have always been kinda raw on the streets a few reviews have went on about how the motors feel like they are going to blow up when you rev them past 10K even tho its never a problem it just feels very rough! also just like the duc try riding one for an hour or more.... ouch

If I could buy ANY bike right now I would have to say nothing I love what I have
2002 F4I FI rules! no more choke =) even tho all bikes now come standard with FI other then the R1/R6

s3f5112160ea6f.jpg

also before you buy a new bike check on ebaymotors.com I've found some really good bikes on there but you really need to read into the info since a good bit of them are rebuilt or droped but check this ad out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4&category=6710

P.S remember to set aside about 600-1000 for gear!

Valve adjustments are no problem, pretty handy, I could realistically do it myself, have done them plenty of times before.

As far as other bikes, I have been riding for a while. the last bike I was on was a GSXR11100. I am not into the speed anymore, just something that is an all around performer and is fairly comfortable to boot. Thats were the VFR really stands out from all the other bikes. It handles very well, its got some power, and I can ride it more than an hour at a time without having to go to a chiropracter afterwards.....

Gear is not a problem, since I still have alot of older gear......squids need not apply thank you......

Back