WHISTLE NOISE FROM INTAKE MAN.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just finished swapping a b18a1 in the crx, you guys were right, real painless swap,
1 thing no one ever mentioned, if going with jdm header, cat wont fit., that was the only surprise. Anyways no big deal, also idle was hard to adjust, initialy idle was bouncing up and down from 1000 to 1500 rpm, foreman here touched the sensor behind throttle body and idle settled, anyone know why?, unplugged the sensor, and still nothing, not a big deal im sure, anyways, after driving the vehicle we started hearing a low whistle from what we suspect is coming from the intake manifold, or very close too, anyone know, if this is caused by incorrect vacuum, or what?, thanks in advance you guys are life savers.

Is there a CAI or SRI on the engine? Mine whistles loudly when I get on it with a CAI.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 21 2005, 12:38 PM
Is there a CAI or SRI on the engine? Mine whistles loudly when I get on it with a CAI.
[post=557775]Quoted post[/post]​

ditto mine is really loud too and I can hear it over my loud ass exhaust...most likely wouldn't be a vacuum leak cuase it would cause more problems then just a hissing noise...

the only thing i can think of is the noise is comming from your idle air control valve passage inside your throttle body. try swaping out the throttle body to see if it goes away.

Originally posted by BLOWBYUREX@Sep 21 2005, 01:00 PM
sorry what is sri or cai, dont understand???
[post=557790]Quoted post[/post]​

cold air or short ram intakes. aftermarket intakes, basically.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Sep 21 2005, 02:02 PM-->
BLOWBYUREX
@Sep 21 2005, 01:00 PM
sorry what is sri or cai, dont understand???
[post=557790]Quoted post[/post]​

cold air or short ram intakes. aftermarket intakes, basically.
[post=557792]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry im an idiot, for now we actually have the stock intake, my aem is on its way...

hehe he has a stock air box. you will love anything that isnt the stock air box. i just got done putting headers on my car. mized with the new exhaust my car roars. should slap a new exhaust and headers to go with that intake. no point in putting more air in if it cant get out.

Quoted post[/post]]
hehe he has a stock air box. you will love anything that isnt the stock air box. i just got done putting headers on my car. mized with the new exhaust my car roars. should slap a new exhaust and headers to go with that intake. no point in putting more air in if it cant get out.

I do have header and exhaust, car does friggin roar with intake on, now, very happy other then my clutch.

Back