White Noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

White Noise opened today. To those not in the know, it's the new Michael Keaton movie about E.V.P. Electronic Voice Phenomenon is when the dead talk to you over your electronic devices, radios, computers, TV's, whatever. Supposed to be the scariest movie of the year.

As I stated, the premiere was tonight. I stood in line for a good half hour and paid my eight dollars to see it. It sounded promising. I mean, shit, that's a scary enough premise for a good horror/thriller-type flick.

Holy fuck. This movie is the most rambling, aimless, plotless piece dog shit I have seen in a long time. I like Michael Keaton as an actor. I really do. But what the fuck he was thinking when he did this movie is far beyond my capacity. A half-hour into this movie I was praying for some zombies, just to make it worth my time for sitting through such a piece of garbage for even a half an hour. It was so bad that the entire- and I mena e-n-t-i-r-e, theatre was making fun of it. I have a seriously short attention span and can usually be caught off guard when a horror movie does one of those "make-you-jump" moments. Nada. Every "scary" part was predictable, uninspired and lame as hell.

So yeah, don't go see "White Noise." Hollywood took something that could be made into an awesome scary movie and turned it into a complete train wreck. I will sincerely be surprised if a shittier movie is released this year.

In fact, I don't even think zombies could have saved this film. Maybe if there were zombies, a nude scene, some WRC footage and you replaced Michael Keaton with Christopher Walken. And even then, I'm not sure.

I have yet to see a good horror/thriller, it seems production companies are just pumping them out in hopes that they make a few bucks. The Ring was the closest thing I have seen to a good one.

The Grudge was horrible. Nothing made sense. No linear story line. Just people randomly dying. Horrible movie.

i liked SAW.... but IMO psychological thrillers are better than scary movies. i like it when they play with your head a little.

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 8 2005, 03:15 PM
The Grudge was horrible. Nothing made sense. No linear story line. Just people randomly dying. Horrible movie.
[post=443039]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

you'll be even more confuse if you watch the japanese version. ive seen juon the grudge 2 and couldnt even figure out what is happening. makes it worse when you cant understand it.

The Ring sucked, Ju-No sucked, the Grudge was better than Ju-No just because it was more understandable but it still sucked, The Village was just horrible but i did like SAW a lot!!! and as far as white noise goes, i heard it was pretty good :huh: :blink: , i'm watching it in the morning.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Jan 9 2005, 12:07 AM-->
@Jan 8 2005, 03:15 PM

:werd:

you'll be even more confuse if you watch the japanese version. ive seen juon the grudge 2 and couldnt even figure out what is happening. makes it worse when you cant understand it.
[post=443220]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: My problem with Ju-On is that when i would read the subtitles, i would miss the scenes, and if i watched the scene, i wouldnt know what the fuck they were saying. havent seen The Grudge yet

I thought white noise was a pretty decent movie. I wish it would have explained some things a little better, but aside from that i felt the movie was pretty entertaining. As to the parts-that-make-you-jump they were actually in abundance, at least given the proliferation of screaming and people jerking back in their seats. Even though im usually pretty good about not jerking back in movies (not to say that my heart doesnt skip a beat) the movie actually got me once or twice.

I was praying for some zombies, just to make it worth my time for sitting through such a piece of garbage for even a half an hour. It was so bad that the entire- and I mena e-n-t-i-r-e, theatre was making fun of it.

If you were hoping for zombies perhaps this isnt the kind of movie for you. beyond that if the entire theatre is being raucous it sort of makes it hard to actually get into the flow of the movie for the suspense and everything to work.

Well, it's not like I came into the theatre expecting zombies. But I am a firm believer that if a movie sucks really bad, zombies can usually save it because I like zombies. The whole audience gave the movie a chance. But halfway through, we all knew it was hopeless. Whatever. I think that anyone who thinks it was even decent has some seriously deteriorated standards as far as horror flicks go.

And the Ring sucked too. And so did the Grudge. We need more movies like the Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead.

saw White Noise last night...yeah, I should of listened to you dohch22a4...that movie was very disapointing(sp?) and OMFG was it predictable...what a waste of free tickets :p ...oh, BTW, i saw flight of the pheonix last week...it was decent

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 8 2005, 12:15 PM

:withstupid:

All the new scary movies suck.

Back