Who do you bank with?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Can't help ya, my bank is a local one branch credit union that I've had an account with before I even had any money.

I will recommend staying away from National City if you have them there. It may have just been my local branch, but the employees were fucking retarded.

Me "I need new checks"

Them "Ok we'll order them for you"

Two weeks later...

Me "I'm here to pick up my new checks."

Them "New checks?"

wamu is easy. definitely get direct deposit. yeah, it takes a couple weeks to set up, but they still give you a paper check until then.

My gf has had a bad experience with WaMu. She actually started one of the free checking accounts that you have to start online. Turns out that when you do that, you don't get any privileges of using the branch offices except deposit/withdrawal. no customer service at all through the offices. You have to call the 1 800 number for everything.

i don't touch national banks.

both of my banks are local 2-5 branch firms.

I'm on Bank Of America. They work well for me- free checking, good loan rates, good credit cards... if you want to sign up with them, let me know and I'll hook us both up with some referral cash. ;)

I'm on Bank Of America. They work well for me- free checking, good loan rates, good credit cards... if you want to sign up with them, let me know and I'll hook us both up with some referral cash. ;)

Same here, plus thier website is really good. Transactions post almost instantly.

I use Scottrade for stocks.

i had well fargo years ago.. i got so many overdraft fees because they wait to clear payments until you have no money.. fuck em' ... got WaMu now

So I checked out the Wachovia site, and it looks like I might consider them, but their locations are a little out of the way. WaMu is also one I'm thinking about because they are close to home, and seem like it may be okay if i start my account at the branch and not online. As for B of A, I'm not so sure about them. My GF actually had her identity stolen because of them. I can't remember the whole story, but apperently they gave her info to someone else, or something along those lines. Somehow she ended up tracing it back to B of A, and they acknowledged that it was their fault and apologized about it and all that shit, but didn't really do anything about it. Her credit report, taxes and other things are still all messed up because of this, and it was like 8 or 9 years ago.

I use Wachovia. I love their online bill pay. The last friday of every month I take an hour out of my day and pay all my bills for the next month. I also have a savings account with a credit union ($18.xx). Only $10 to open, and I use them for small loans, a credit card and notary. They have a nice personal repore with the customers and it's easier to get things through them.

sidenote: wamu credit cards give you your updated credit score every month for free

I use BECU (Boeing Employee Credit Union) for bills and loans. And I have BOA for convenience.

sidenote: wamu credit cards give you your updated credit score every month for free
yeah, i have a wamucard also. i don't know how accurate that thing is though. they don't update your credit status to 100%, but the score is pretty close.

Wamu is the fucking bomb diggity. I have had ZERO problems with them; and the one time I accidentally overdrafted my account by like $20 because I hit the wrong button on an ATM, I went in and told them what happened, and they took off the overdraft fee without any problems at all.

Wamu FTW.

Wamu is the fucking bomb diggity. I have had ZERO problems with them; and the one time I accidentally overdrafted my account by like $20 because I hit the wrong button on an ATM, I went in and told them what happened, and they took off the overdraft fee without any problems at all.

Wamu FTW.

I have a $500 grace on overdraft simply because i have direct deposit.

local banks FTW.

fsbct.com

Back