Who doesnt want a GTR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks for getting that one phunky.buddha ;)

Also, is Calesta now phunky.buddha?

I think you're just jaded B. Plenty of people still get excited about the Vette, especially during a generation change. I would be stoked to drive a C7.

Last edited:
but it lacks in all other departments....

like rarity
head turning
stigmata

tell someone you have a vette, no one cares
drive by a vette on the road, no one looks twice

come by in a f430, people look.
I'm with B. The fact that the Corvette is the "every man" supercar sometimes hurts it. You see them everywhere. People drive them every day because it's not ridiculous to fix after a fender bender. I also wouldn't have paid good money to take a Corvette around a track for a few laps.

F430.jpg

Plenty of people still get excited about the Vette, especially during a generation change.
right, but that's only enthusiasts who care. the general populace couldn't give 2 shits.

you rev a vette on a street, people say STFU
rev a ferarri v12, people look to see what is making that sweet music

Thanks for getting that one phunky.buddha ;)

Also, is Calesta now phunky.buddha?

I think you're just jaded B. Plenty of people still get excited about the Vette, especially during a generation change. I would be stoked to drive a C7.
Yeah, I've been using phunky.buddha everywhere the last 23 years except on forums, and this is the last forum I've had to change it on. There's no more net anonymity, so it doesn't really matter anymore...
And I love the C7.
I'm with B. The fact that the Corvette is the "every man" supercar sometimes hurts it. You see them everywhere. People drive them every day because it's not ridiculous to fix after a fender bender. I also wouldn't have paid good money to take a Corvette around a track for a few laps.
right, but that's only enthusiasts who care. the general populace couldn't give 2 shits.
you rev a vette on a street, people say STFU
rev a ferarri v12, people look to see what is making that sweet music
I guess I just like anything that drives well- evidence being my S2000 covered in door dings and chipped paint, which hasn't been washed in over a year (maybe 3). I don't care what the rest of the world thinks of my car as long as I'm enjoying it, so "exotic" isn't necessary. It's nice to have, but I sure as hell wouldn't mind a new Corvette.
lol, that was supposed to be stigma :X
:D

Are you seriously suggesting they can't hang in the curves? Look at the Nürburgring lap times.

List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times

Once you get past the "track packaged" and limited production uber exotic cars what do you see? Corvettes ahead of Porches, Masseratis, ferraris, Paganis, Koenigseggs, and yes, even your highly praised GTR. Hell even the 2014 Z/28 isnt lagging too far behind the GTR's 2011 time. So obviously people that know a hell of a lot more than you would disagree. That being said, maybe it is "about all it is, for you..." Learn to drive in the bends without AWD mofo! :p

And with. o_O
not saying it can't handle curves at all.Hell I know even a Honda can be made to handle. I'm stuck on the way the body is made and what not. in regards to my comment this was due to the thrill of being able to haul boogy (launch and overall acceleration from low speeds) quickly and not fish tail all over the place like the vette would. no offense to the vette lovers at all. as matter of fact i'm really, really sorry. you all can resume drooling over it. lol

I've only seen 1 new vet once. And it was a real head turner.

Even in the car and driver article of the 911 vs new vette, NO one noticed the 911. The vette also wasn't quite as fast in a straight line but handled better.

yup, even 911's are so 'generic' and common that no one really looks at them either. they too lack that wow factor.

people look if you roll up in a rolls, or a Bentley, or even a ford GT. roll up in a 911 that will blow them all away and cost less, and no one common looks twice

yeah 911 and vettes are too generic, although great cars for the money... part of the reason I like the GTR so much. only car in that general price range that performs like a mofo and looks cool/unique/turns heads.

I've only seen 1 new vet once. And it was a real head turner.

Even in the car and driver article of the 911 vs new vette, NO one noticed the 911. The vette also wasn't quite as fast in a straight line but handled better.
Saw 3 yesterday within the span of 20 minutes.

-_- Taco... Learn how to properly launch a car without computers and gizmos doing everything for you then. Haha It's called feathering the throttle and clutch. It takes a little bit skill. Believe that was mentioned earlier. No one wants to work for anything these days. :p So yea, enter the GTR...

Drive a C7 and tell me you wont turn some heads. They knew they needed to up the anty on styling and interior to attract more people with Euro-esque styling. I think they accomplished that. The C7 is dead sexy.

Drive a C7 and tell me you wont turn some heads. They knew they needed to up the anty on styling and interior to attract more people with Euro-esque styling. I think they accomplished that. The C7 is dead sexy.
Yeah. I love it in person.

Probably the people who don't need their car to turn peoples' heads.....

i drive an 03 green forester. it turns zero heads, nobody pays this thing any attention. its not loud, not fast, nondescript.

does that mean i have the biggest dick?

Back