Who else

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Usually I'm out on the road all day, but today I had to do a bunch of DESI strips (button markings for digital phone systems we do) and I can't seem to go 5 minutes without coming here. HS is gonna make me get myself in trouble. :lol:

Who else is sittin at work feelin like they're gonna get busted and yelled at?

:ph34r: :hide:

[mission impossiblle theme song in backgraound]me too, i work for my dad, and he has no problem ripping into me at work either...[/mission impossiblle theme song in backgraound]

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Nov 18 2003, 03:15 PM
[mission impossiblle theme song in backgraound]me too, i work for my dad, and he has no problem ripping into me at work either...[/mission impossiblle theme song in backgraound]

wow we could be twins...I work for my dad too. :p

up until the beginning of august when i started my swap, i worked at a law office as a secretary...had my own office an everything....

and i spent like 99% of the time here.

who don't have a job now? that'd be me...woot woot!

its like 2 minutes before my next class and i just had to log on and see whats new. this place is addicting, i never get any of my homework done anymore and my girlfriend bitches when i go on here instead of listening to her.

Originally posted by xyswany@Nov 18 2003, 03:21 PM
its like 2 minutes before my next class and i just had to log on and see whats new. this place is addicting, i never get any of my homework done anymore and my girlfriend bitches when i go on here instead of listening to her.

i know exactly what you mean.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96+Nov 18 2003, 03:22 PM-->
@Nov 18 2003, 03:21 PM

i know exactly what you mean.

:werd:

Girlfriend: Gaaaaaaawd, you love that damned computer more than you love me.

Me: yup, it does what I tell it and doesn't bitch back<<<<what I want to say!

BITCH MAKE ME A SAMMICH!!!!

lmfao

edit: aah, yet another pointless thread on hondaswap...lol

is it wrong to whore a thread that's a whore in itsself??

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 18 2003, 03:34 PM
BITCH MAKE ME A SAMMICH!!!!

lmfao

edit: aah, yet another pointless thread on hondaswap...lol

is it wrong to whore a thread that's a whore in itsself??

:yes: it's still wrong. :p I just wanted to see who's on throughout the day and what they're doing...to get to know the fellow swappers a little bit better. :) You post whores give me a bad name just because I have no life. :lol:

Notice how I've been more active over the last 4 months? I've been working for the last 4 months. :) Pretty busy, but when it does get slow I browse around here and redpepperracings boards. :)

I'd get majorly busted if I was caught on Hondaswap, since I'm not supposed to have interet at my desk. Being the sysadmin here at work RULES. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 18 2003, 01:58 PM
I'd get majorly busted if I was caught on Hondaswap, since I'm not supposed to have interet at my desk. Being the sysadmin here at work RULES. :)

you are sysadmin and not allowed to have internet at your desk? wtf is that shit?

We're a real small architecture firm. We have 7 computers sitting behind a firewall. We allow email access for people who aren't "allowed" to have internet, but that's it. We do that through the firewall.

My boss is NOT techno-savvy. He pays for three static IP's, thinking that means that he can only have three computers connected to the internet (even though having email access technically means that computer is connected to the internet). I've tried explaining that we can do whatever we want as long as we're behind the firewall and we don't exceed our bandwidth limit for the month. I've ALSO tried explaining to him that we only need to pay for one static IP - the one that the firewall uses. The firewall then gives out internal addresses, and routes all that traffic through one external IP address. But, he won't listen to me. He continues to say that we pay to have three computers connected to the internet, and doesn't understand the whole static IP thing. He won't listen to me, even though I say I can save him $100/month.

I banged my head against the wall about this 9 months ago. I stopped out of frustration. Now that you bring it up, I may try again. You'd think he'd be HAPPY about saving $100 a month AND hooking up everyone in the office to the internet.

[/rant]

haha, yes, school him on Network Address Translation. here in our building we have about 300 users using 1 public IP :)

I'm on HondaSwap for about an hour a night... checking the new posts on a nightly basis at work.

Work says as long as they don't herar any complaints, and it's not filtered by the firewall, it's AOK. Except chat stuffs. I can't use any kind of AIM or Messenger, or ICQ. Oh, well.

Haa Haa yeah just sitting in school on the comp at Hs "which i'm not suposta do" but o-well ... well i got to go peace out :imgone:

Back