who got the better deal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

I trade my 94 vx hatch for a 93 ex coupe:

My hatch is completely stock
135xxx k miles

vs.

93 Ex coupe
200xxx k miles
fresh painted lexus is300 gray
I/H/E
carbon fiber hood that has scratches
ek sideskirts
short throw shifter
car needs a new cluch

what do u guys think was the better trade?

Originally posted by tphan4@Mar 11 2004, 03:41 PM
I trade my 94 vx hatch for a 93 ex coupe:

what do u guys think was the better trade?

As long as you both are happy with the deal... that's all what really matters. I personally prefer eg hatches over the coupes and sedans... by a LOT. But that is only my taste.

Aside from what she said, who cares? I think you got the worse end of the deal. Here's why, the car you traded for has higher miles, and someone elses "mods" which may have not been done right. So think about that.

:withstupid: no only that, but you got rid of a hatch, which I like better- But also, modded usually means abused- Just my 2 cents

High mileage is really no big deal... but at 200,xxx miles, what's the deal with its timing belt? Was it changed at 180K?

Originally posted by driverunknown@Mar 12 2004, 01:58 AM
Congratulations, you got screwed! The vx was a keeper.

Congratulations! You're being a jerk about this!

tphan4 was tired of his vx, he's been trying to trade it for a while now. What you and I prefer doesn't really matter. I admit that his post isn't the brightest, seeing as how the deal is already done... he shouldn't have asked us before the trade, but even then, it still comes down to his personal tastes. He got a new (different) car to drive and it didn't cost him anything beyond title and registration fees. The trade is done. So be kind and don't flame him for his decision.

The car wasn't swapped, and the mods it did have are pretty hard to mess up, so your ok there. If you like the coupe better, than that's you call. I like my hatch, and if I got another 5th gen it would be a four door, no point in trading a two door for a two door for me.

It it was a car for me, I'd have kept the hatch and put a B series or K series in it.

If it was for my girl, I'd have gotten her the coupe. She likes those better.

I'd say it was a pretty even trade, depending on what you wanted.

Back