Who has an iPhone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iphones suck because they're made by apple.

lmfao

no shit, they suck in metal buildings?
wow

Well, all "others" work. People with Nextel, Sprint, Alltel, and AT&T have no issues. Sometimes my phone will work, but only for a bit. Calls would start to break up and just lose connection.

I just upgraded to a Verizon smartphone, $30 month and I can get internet all day long, phone even works as a modem.

In NY, Verizon was the best for coverage I could find. In NC I had an Altell phone that worked only slightly better.

i have a iphone on tmobile and yes you get internet without wifi. on AT&T you also get internet without wifi.

as far as Sprint and Verizon goes they both suck.

GSM>CDMA

sprints about to go belly up
when you lose 505 million in the first qtr, and 344 million in the sec. qtr, and are in debt of 19.5 million, and now if you live in california you can get out of your contract with sprint and sprint has to pay out 18.2 in rebursements and are told to stop trying to collect 54.7 in canceled accounts
and sprint service sucks and so does its customer service. the worst i ever had

verzion service is good but when you get a outrageous bill. dont said i didnt tell you so.

AT&T has the best network but is expensive, good 3g network

T-Mobile has good service,a excellent price, superior customer service but are still behind the times as far as 3g

as far as the iphone goes its the best phone I have had so far, I like it better than the Blackberrys and blackberrys are one hell of a phone. its faster than any windows phone and has everything i need in one device. the iphone has its flaws and im sure will continue to have its flaws.

heh guess you could say i pay 10, since that's the difference between the Everything and Simply Everything plans.

Now I'm curious. Does ANY phone plan beat unlimited voice, text, and data for 100 a month?! Anywhere around the country or world?

I kinda think sprint is out of their minds for doing unlimited data for such a low cost! But hey, legally, the next 2 years are MINE :)

Yesterday I bought a PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul) pocket pc for $300 after the mail in rebate [400 at the store] and my monthly bill will be about $108.00 per month which includes unlimited talk, text, and data. That's with sprint if you didn't notice. I researched around a lot, and AT&T's deal is advertised more and is more flashy with the iPhone and all, but you just cannot beat what you get with sprint for this price!

Plus I'm on the Rev A EVDO network... just as fast as 3G. Great coverage in my Chicagoland area

wow $108 for crappy sprint service. sweet you have unlimited everthing but do you really use your phone to talk for unlimited minutes?

oh wait I pay only $109 after taxes for 2 phones on tmobile and have unlimited internet and text, i dont have unlimited minutes but I do have 1000 and dont ever get even close to going over, oh and i do have 5 people i can talk to for unlimited minutes and so does my wife.

and i wish i knew of someone with sprint still cause i would like to see how fast the evdo service is, since my iphone on tmobile is still faster than some phones on AT&T's 3g network

heh guess you could say i pay 10, since that's the difference between the Everything and Simply Everything plans.

Now I'm curious. Does ANY phone plan beat unlimited voice, text, and data for 100 a month?! Anywhere around the country or world?

I kinda think sprint is out of their minds for doing unlimited data for such a low cost! But hey, legally, the next 2 years are MINE :)
wasnt sprint unlimited set at 90? or did they raise it back up

I'm gonna guess they raised it back up. I don't know the names of the plans from before, but I'm under the impression sprint just changed their plans because people around the web were commenting on how the Simply Everything is new. Most people took advantage of the SERO program before that. (Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!)

Wow they have an obscenely small network. Not available in my area, aww. But wow that's cool. Price must be half because the size of their network is less than half :p
lol yeah cricket is small and basiclly is a extended home phone that you can take around the city you live in, once your out of your calling area your screwed with no service. once and a great blue moon your able to roam but you have to pay for roaming minutes

From the iPhone itself

the phone can get Internet connection with wifi or via the edge/3g network. Your friend probably has some weird configuration set up.

AT&T is fun. No issues yet with them, but the phone itself has caused a headache here and there.

From experience overall;

AT&T > Verizon

I'm far from an Apple fanboy, but some of the things stated here are ridiculous. In fact my 16gb iPhone 3G and the iPhone I had before are the only Apple products I've ever purchased.
:rolleyes: As far as the MMS goes, it was a pain at first, but using the email function is better and just as easy. Jailbreak the phone to be able to unleash a whole plethora of good features suches as video recording etc... Here is a picture of my jailbroken 3G iPhone
iPhone.jpg

Yesterday I bought a PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul) pocket pc for $300 after the mail in rebate [400 at the store] and my monthly bill will be about $108.00 per month which includes unlimited talk, text, and data. That's with sprint if you didn't notice. I researched around a lot, and AT&T's deal is advertised more and is more flashy with the iPhone and all, but you just cannot beat what you get with sprint for this price!

Plus I'm on the Rev A EVDO network... just as fast as 3G. Great coverage in my Chicagoland area
Haha, you have Sprint. I honestly have no idea how they're still in business. I used to be with Sprint when I had my PPC-6600 and PPC-6700. They would get my bill wrong EVERY MONTH. Coverage was terrible in all areas I lived (Las Vegas, Portland, Virginia Beach, and St. Louis)

I've heard iPhones are a pain for texting. I like my Sidekick Lx it's really good for texting, msn, aim. The internet is pretty decent too.
Texting on my iPhone is as easy/easier than on any other smartphone/PDA phone I've had. It's only a pain when I need to text something in Spanish and it changes the word to the closest english word for me. I can turn that off, but I don't do it enough for it to really be bad.

i have a iphone on tmobile and yes you get internet without wifi. on AT&T you also get internet without wifi.

as far as Sprint and Verizon goes they both suck.

GSM>CDMA

sprints about to go belly up
when you lose 505 million in the first qtr, and 344 million in the sec. qtr, and are in debt of 19.5 million, and now if you live in california you can get out of your contract with sprint and sprint has to pay out 18.2 in rebursements and are told to stop trying to collect 54.7 in canceled accounts
and sprint service sucks and so does its customer service. the worst i ever had

verzion service is good but when you get a outrageous bill. dont said i didnt tell you so.

AT&T has the best network but is expensive, good 3g network

T-Mobile has good service,a excellent price, superior customer service but are still behind the times as far as 3g

as far as the iphone goes its the best phone I have had so far, I like it better than the Blackberrys and blackberrys are one hell of a phone. its faster than any windows phone and has everything i need in one device. the iphone has its flaws and im sure will continue to have its flaws.

wow $108 for crappy sprint service. sweet you have unlimited everthing but do you really use your phone to talk for unlimited minutes?

oh wait I pay only $109 after taxes for 2 phones on tmobile and have unlimited internet and text, i dont have unlimited minutes but I do have 1000 and dont ever get even close to going over, oh and i do have 5 people i can talk to for unlimited minutes and so does my wife.

and i wish i knew of someone with sprint still cause i would like to see how fast the evdo service is, since my iphone on tmobile is still faster than some phones on AT&T's 3g network
I need say no more.

Didn't see you said this. Yes I do use my phone for unlimited minutes. I just checked and for the first week I've had 382 minutes used. not too too much but I'm starting a computer business, so I could use all the minutes I can get (great peace of mind that I will never have to end a tech call because I'm being charged up the ass).

I can't beat some of the internet capabilities this thing has.... (wink wink)

I haven't done a speed test yet but I would estimate about 300-450kbps downstream.

Back