Who has built a turbo EF with a FMIC? Please Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LSTurboCivic4DR

I am trying to route my Intercooler piping in my 1989 Civic LX 4 Door with a b18b. My problem is on the hot charge pipe (from the turbo to the Intercooler), I am running into the frame wall or the driverside subframe rail that is parellel with the front wheel. I wanted to use the typical U shaped pipe but that part of the frame is in my way and I dont want to go lower because it is just stupid to have it lower then the car. I have found a way through were I took some of the AC stuff out (a silver canister), but that way has me going up withe several bends, then around the radiator fluid reserve tank and back down and seems complex, with this method, the pipe would leave the engine compartment like the cold air intake enters it. Please if you have a EF civic, let me know how you have routed this pipe, I would really like to see some pics if anyone knows were some are. Thanks for your time, Frank.

go the way u last mentioned, passing the radiator overflow tank. i had to move mine a bit but thats actually the best way if you dont want to bend or cut sheet metal. ive seen were some peeps will cut some sheet metal on the drivers side of the radiator by the headlight to pass the piping through there, but that looks barbaric.

Right, what I am saying is that I want to use the U shaped pipe method, but what I am saying is that it appers that I cannot ad the frame rail is right there and there is no opening to go through, how did you go? Can you take a pic? Thanks

To go buy the radiator over flow take I would have to go like this...

..........................___
......................__|....|
........Turbo.....|........|
.............|____|........|
..............................|
...............IC _____|
That is kind of how the pipe would go with about 2 more bends I can not show because it is not a 3D diagram. Thanks for any help I can get on this.
Oh and to go this, yes I would have to cut some metel from the headlight frame, but it woulnt bee seen.

I have no clue any differences between the EF chassis everyone seems to own that I have never seen, and my ED, but I just took a sawzall to my front end and have the compressor exiting directly into my frontmount by way if a tight radus 180 bend.

It's a custom IC, three DSM SMIC cores joined together, with custom end tanks.

Back