who has installed a body kit on a crx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, the greatest peice of advice I can give you is to definately have someone there to help lift it on and off again ( especially after the paint job). First, make sure you have correct fitment before going much further. Secondly, shave rough edges wherever they may come into too much contact with parts already installed on the car. It may take 10-20 times of on and off again with the bumpers, but beleive me it will save headaches later. If the kit is not pre drilled, you'll also have to measure and drill all the mounting holes during this stage. After you are happy with the fitment, have it painted and do the final install. It really isn't all that hard at all.
We have a small garage here in TN and have installed roughly 15 body kits so far (Kids these days!) lol. We mostly do fiberglass kits because the they're the cheapest on the market. They also have their own set of problems all together; chipping, cracking, poor fitment, thin glass, bad resin, etc. etc. Anyways, just make sure you have a few extra ppl to help out, take a weekend to do it and have fun along the way. If ya need any more pointers, let me know.

Back