1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Here Is In Alabama?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by B16RacerN2NR, Aug 6, 2010.

1. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

So I may be taking a job offer at Mercedes-Benz of Huntsville.

I spoke to the Service Manager and he's interested in me going to work for them when I graduate in September.

It's not set in stone yet but I would like to know more about this area and it's surrounding cities. Say, a 25 mile radius or so. I will do some searching of my own online but from past experience, most websites are biased towards hating or liking a place.

I want to know from you guys and girls, who are in that area, how the place is. Both good and bad. Crime rate and school system is very important to me since I have kids. Cost of Living isn't all that important because i'm sure it's less than Cali lol.

I don't want to leave Cali but if I have to, I will :(

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

3. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

huntsville is about 15 miles from me, theres a place called madison thats got the usa best rated school system and rated best place to live, its about 5 miles from huntsville. great place to shop,eat,drag,race strip and street(closed street that is ) ice hockey, indoor football and thats about it lol.

4. B16RacerN2NR

Lol

See, this is what i'm talking about when it comes to things on the internet lol. I don't know if Madison or Madison County is what you're referring to but a few articles online say Madison County has a higher than average crime rate and none say it's a top rated place to live lol. Can you find a link for me on the exact area you're talking about?

5. AHHVTEC

ha i actually got that from the local news but yeah i will try and find it

6. AHHVTEC

7. B16RacerN2NR

lol Thanks

But then, I find this... Huntsville Profile | Huntsville AL | Population, Crime, Map

Lol

In your opinion, what city/cities within a half hour drive or so, would be a good area for me to find a house? I'm looking for a monthly mortgage payment of ~ $1100

8. AHHVTEC

well down here that will get you a new house with about 2700squarefoot, but i like madison,far east huntsville. if you want something that more out by its self athens/harvest area. but yeah hunstville its self does have its bad spots but what place dont, stay on the outskirts and you should be fine.but i live in a some what small town of hartselle love the place crime rate is very very low here but you will have to drive to do anything. from the new job to hartselle is about 30 min. and hey open header all day down here lol

9. B16RacerN2NR

2700 sqft on how much land? I can get that for about $1250 out here but on 1/4 acre. If it's a 1/2 acre or more, count me in lol.

I'm willing to drive a half an hour to work lol. That ain't shit lol.

Every time I try to look up Madison, AL it always comes up with Madison County :( Should I search for something else? Could you hook me up with a few links of those places you suggested and where you're at just in case I run into the same problems as searching for Madison lol. Thanks :)

10. AHHVTEC

11. B16RacerN2NR

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted