who likes egg rolls?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When I see a frydaddy I'm thinking of the small black bucket like ones.

China has well over 100 dialects and the food is also different from 1 part of china to the other, I'm getting on Calesta becuase every time I post anything to do with chinese no matter if its clearly American style or even chinese stlye, its always not right.

Rather then, this is why it's not right, I just get a simple nope that isnt right. As I said in a post a few post up, depending on where his family is from, no doubt what his family is use to eating could be different, thats why I made a point to point out that the guy who teaches me Chinese cooking grew up as a cook in HONG KONG and there for the style of cooking is a hong kong style. However American style chinese is american style chineses, there's some changes from one place to the next but theres no such thing as something being wrong. just like American style egg rolls. From FL to NY I've never seen an egg roll at a chinese joint that looked different or used a different wrapper then what I posted, yet... nope its not the right wrapper.no doubt chinese joints in the US are all american style places, the recipe is based on american egg rolls.

I really do like when someone tells me I'm doing something wrong, from martial arts, to cooking, I really do like finding out Im doing something wrong, that way I can fix the problem before I form an even bigger habit of doing it wrong over time.
However, again if I do something wrong and someone says nope you're doing that wrong, and then they walk away. well what good does that do me?

Please if anyone says they dislike something I post or they think it's wrong, please post a reply stating why its wrong. that's all I ask.

https://hondaswap.com/../../members/calesta/

Szechuan ftw! If you notice, those are two different dialects of Chinese as well. Right, Cal?

Cantonese and Mandarin are the two more popular dialects. Mandarin is now taught in the Chinese school systems.

When you guys talk about Mandarin..................I think of the chicken
Mmmmmmm yum yum yum

Panda Express FTW

Either way, the recipe I just posted was for AMERICAN style egg rolls, the kind you would buy at any chinese take out. I don't care how not chinese it is. I care that people who view my board recognize it as the egg rolls they love to order at their local take out.

No no no... you're 100% correct for what you find in standard Chinese take out! There are other erm... Asian factors. I'm not slamming anything you made- the stuff I'm laughing about is completely a different social commentary / dialog. Don't worry- it's not related to the recipe you posted- your recipe just triggered the thought. PM me a phone number or something and I'll explain.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

As for my parents, my dad is from Hong Kong, and my mom is from Zeh Jiang province- both very urban areas. Both came to the US for graduate school, so they had plenty of time to grow up and learn things the proper way in the mainland.

:)

that's what i'm saying... i don't have one... but there's plenty of girls who just would love to make their boyfriend's toes curl by 'making out' with a girl. hahahaha ok no... really... there is this one girl... but i wouldn't call her a girlfriend. although apparently i was told i'm allowed to have one.

Back