Who makes the best Integra service manual?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauls81sc

I'm preparing to swap a 90 Integra B18A1 into my 89 CRX Si and I want to know who makes the best factory service manual for the Integra.

Obviously there are Haynes which seem OK to me. And Chilton sucks. But what about those "Factory service manuals" on CD being sold on eBay. Anyone ever buy one? Was it any good?

I am looking for one that includes wiring diagrams (especially for the engine harness) and vaccuum lines.

I couldn't find anything using the search option.

Lets hear some opinions.

I don't know for sure, but I think they are different. The service manual I got from Helms was specifically for the 93 Integra. It covered all models that year. It doesn't make sense for Honda to package the 90 and 93 Integras together because the ECU and sensor setup changed drastically from 91 to 92.

Not to mention that the manual from the Helm web site is definitely legal for you to buy- this CD is very questionable. It looks like a PDF rip that someone's selling to you on CD. If you do decide to buy one of these.... just know that I've never received any of the eBay CDs that I've paid for. Nissan factory service manuals are prohibitively expensive... $60 for a factory Honda manual isn't bad, but $180-200 for a Nissan one is just highway robbery. Be careful if you decide to buy that CD.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Aug 18 2004, 10:47 AM
We are not a distrobution site for illegal copies.
[post=378555]Quoted post[/post]​

He's not getting it from us- he's asking about one on eBay that's questionable.

Thanks Calesta for re-opening this. I wasn't looking to promote illegal activity on eBay, just trying to get some recommendations based on experiences.

So, let's hear some more opinions.

Helms, Chilton, Haynes.....any others?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 19 2004, 01:02 PM
It was closed because smooth_criminal offered illegal copies of the Helms manual.
[post=379188]Quoted post[/post]​

I wasn't offering a Illegal copy of a helms manual. I use offering a Legal copy of my honda / acura shop manuals i got from my boy at the dealership. It's not illegal to give away free copys!!! it's illegal to copy them and sell them!! And sence i'm not doing either it's all legal..

Edit : jumped over the line. my bad with my last comment

Originally posted by smooth_criminal+Aug 19 2004, 11:34 AM-->
@Aug 19 2004, 01:02 PM
It was closed because smooth_criminal offered illegal copies of the Helms manual.
[post=379188]Quoted post[/post]​

I wasn't offering a Illegal copy of a helms manual. I use offering a Legal copy of my honda / acura shop manuals i got from my boy at the dealership. It's not illegal to give away free copys!!! it's illegal to copy them and sell them!! And sence i'm not doing either it's all legal..

Dip shit
[post=379203]Quoted post[/post]​

On second thought, maybe this thread IS getting out of hand and should have stayed closed. Its definitely getting off topic. :unsure:

It's not getting out of hand it's just that some of the mod's are really up tight and think this kind of this is illegal or endorsing illegal activity. But this isn't a copy right or illegal distrobution infringement.

I garauntee you that it is illegal to distribute those, I don't care where you got them.

all other bullshit aside

i have used the book and the CD

get the actual book

why the book and not the CD???
ease of use

- the book is much easier to find info in (scrolling through a few thousand pages in a PDF file is not what i would call convieniant) i have never spent more than 2 min looking up something in the actual helms book... the CD has taken me 1 hour+
- the book is easier to bring out to the car with you to cross reference different shit as you work (sure you could make copies from the disk, but read the part about scrolling through thousands of pages on a PDF file again)

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Aug 19 2004, 11:51 AM
It's not getting out of hand it's just that some of the mod's are really up tight and think this kind of this is illegal or endorsing illegal activity. But this isn't a copy right or illegal distrobution infringement.
[post=379241]Quoted post[/post]​

not some, we all agree buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back