who plays GT3 WAAAY to much?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but remember its all about aero/power/weight not just the most HP GT3 is sweet for realisum.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 30 2003, 02:06 PM
ive had the game for a while, and ive been working on breaking the 300 mph mark on the test track when you do top speed. im using my 1700 hp AWD escudo pikes peak version for the challenge. ive gotten her up to 295 mph and thats taking the turns at 260-270. the car is WAYYY to hard to handle in the dirt for drifting, but its pretty solid on the road. im sure i can own the dirt with this thing if i practice more. i dont really do races that much, it gets boring blowing the computer away soo much. i swear i will lap these mother fuckers like 5 times (endurance races). the car is just so damn fast. accereates like crazy and sticks to the road like glue with super softs. im sure i can own the dirt with this thing if i practice more. havent played for a few weeks though.

ive been playing with all my setings to break the 300 mph mark (gearing, ride height, suspension bias, everything). seems like if i make the gearing too tall i run out of road, but if its too short i top out. any suggestions? have you done this? help out a fellow GT3 junkie 98integrals!

300?? :lmao:

you can do 1500+ if u really try hard ;).

the farthest I have gotten in the game is about 78% and then I quit for about 6 months or so. Now I'm starting over fresh with a new memory card but all the begining races are pretty boring because my skill level is quite a bit higher than the first time around
plus I won all golds on the b license test and won the LS miata... bought some tires for it and went and won the miata enduro race right away so I had alot of cash to play with (did all license tests as well of course)

hoping to beat it 100% before gt4 comes out

make a video of drifting apricot hill 1
we should have a tournament or something

Originally posted by djyox@Sep 30 2003, 02:42 PM
but remember its all about aero/power/weight not just the most HP GT3 is sweet for realisum.

how do you change weight? as far as i know you cant change weight. and 98, how the fuck can you get it up to 1500??? please share!!

yeah, my friend got his escudo up to like 900mph. and he said that he would pay somebody $100 anyone could get faster.

the next day, my other friend clocked a 1300. :)

you have to use settings known as "fly" or "wheelie" settings.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Sep 30 2003, 09:18 AM
maybe im proving you point...

but :wtf:

Lol... integrals.. you know for calculating areas under curves, etc. The fundamental theorem of calculus and whatnot...

Originally posted by dveit@Sep 30 2003, 05:29 PM
yeah, my friend got his escudo up to like 900mph. and he said that he would pay somebody $100 anyone could get faster.

the next day, my other friend clocked a 1300. :)

you have to use settings known as "fly" or "wheelie" settings.

is that like a cheat code or something? let me know what these settings are and how you can get to them....

principles of that--massive rear downforce and as little frontal downforce as possible, hence force on the rear will drive the car to lift off on two wheels at ~250 mph i think, and since you can't flip a car in GT3 you'll drive on two wheels and accelerate to normally impossible speeds

GT4 is going to have around 500 cars..which is nuttz...another awesome change is it is goin to online compatible..but Need For Speed Underground is also..which comes out in early October..both games will feature millions of combinations of mods per car..so everybodys will be different..and they both have the DRAG option which will be sweet...RACING PEEPS ONLINE IN 4 CAR DRAG RACES..not knowin what the other guy has will be awesome..NOS and superchargers are also gonna be added..shit is gonna be SWEET..

sorry i have a college degree..and i make a decent living..so when not driving my shit..or not spending time with my son..i hit the PS2 up..

sweet, im gonna try it. would it still work even though the escudo is awd? or does the game not take that into account? either way im still trying it.

and btw, WOOO FUCKING HOOOO 1000 POSTS MUTHERFUCKER!!!!!

I guess you guys don't go to game sites too often.
Gamefaqs.com
Go there and look for GT3. It will give you exact settings to wheelie a few cars.

Originally posted by silver@Sep 30 2003, 04:31 PM
make a video of drifting apricot hill 1
we should have a tournament or something

will do... ive got one just gotta get it on the pc.

and ill post a vid of the escudo if i can find mine

what settings are you using on that 240?? gear ratios and stuff specifically, im drifting a MR2 GT-S...and my gears are all messed up, way short
i need to tune a drifting S15, MR2 weight shifts so much its a lot harder to control during feint drifts -_-

i dont really waste time trying to figure that stuff out.

here is what u do to get almost anycar to drift

stage 1/2 turbo, weight reduction, simulation tires, 2 way lsd, stock tranny, all the "bolt on" hp upgrades, the better brakes and the semi-race suspension.

after that its pretty easy.

if u want me to post EXACT copies of my setup for the 240 i will... but 2morrow cause im goin to bed right now

Well just got payed last thurs. And so I went out and bought a used PS2 ($109) old mem card ($19.99) and used GT3 game ($9.99) And so now I am ready to RE-LEARN everything I have forgotten....and let me tell you, its damn hard now...I remember it being so much easyer, and me kicking all my buddys asses...now I can't hit turns worth a shit....damn I suck....

i really need to get a wheel, it'd be nice to be able to actually modulate the throttle or control my turns

Whats a good weel to get? just wondering, I've wanted one for a while too, not a fan of "mad cats" or what ever it is....their shit breaks all the time!

Back