Who saw the ufc fight (spoiler inside)?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the beginning of rigged ufc fights.

there must be a hughes vs gsp3. it will be the highest grossing ufc of all time.
who was the guy that fell onto his back while right in front of their opponet and then lost because of it?? THAT looked rigged.:mellow:

this is the beginning of rigged ufc fights.

there must be a hughes vs gsp3. it will be the highest grossing ufc of all time.

YEAH RIGHT.!!!!!!!!!

it would not have a thing to do with the fact that matt can not box for shit and and his only game is submission....... now on the other hand gsp does have a stand up game and it includes his legs

it would not have a thing to do with the fact that matt can not box for shit and and his only game is submission....... now on the other hand gsp does have a stand up game and it includes his legs
Everyone from Militage can box and that is a fucking fact. GSP said himself Matt up'd his stand up game, Matt is just better on the ground than he is standing up. Tell you what, you go toe-to-toe with Matt Hughes then afterwards tell me he can't box while the medic is fixing your jaw and aligning your eyeball back into it's socket...

GSP...nothing but class, I'm a Matt Hughes fan, as you can probably tell, but you couldn't ask for a better fighter to lose to than GSP. and to think, GSP and Diego Sanchez are around the same age...I see them 2 battling for the next 10 years.

i would take that any day of the week..........i will not say that he could not submit me but if we stay up then he will need to see the replay once again to see what knocked his ass out. fighting is not nothing new to me and at 2 weight classes above him why not hell even the lowest ranked light heavy weight should be able to knock him out with no problem.......one of the first things you learn in fighting is how to use your weight behind your punches or kickes

Fact is Hughes didn't look like he wanted the fight. Smiling, not being focused, being a goofy ass when its fight time.

I'm was a wrestler. I know the mentality it takes to win. If I went into a match lolli-gagging and with my head in the clouds, I wasn't half the wrestler I was when I was focused and determined. We were all that way. My dad would tell me it was like a switch I had in me. I recall one time getting headbutted and they were going to stop the match. They were about to cut my eye since it was so swollen. I was down in the match and just lolli-gagging before I was headbutted. After that it was like a whole new person and I not only beat my opponent but beat on him badly and made him suffer because I held him personally responsible.

This is what I see when I look at a fighter. I saw it in Monson's eyes. He just wasn't there, he just didn't want it. Had he been aggressive and just charged Silvia after a few jabs or a big haymaker, he would have been able to take him down but instead he sits there and stands with him and dicks off. Hughes does the same thing, staying away from GSP and only counter-punching, not being aggressive and initiating his own strikes.

The aggressor usually takes these things. Fact is regardless of whether you like Hughes or not he was simply outclassed the other night. I was expecting a brawl, instead I got one guy who was into the fight and determined to win and another guy who was ready to hang up his shorts before he went into the ring.

Fact is Hughes didn't look like he wanted the fight. Smiling, not being focused, being a goofy ass when its fight time.

I'm was a wrestler. I know the mentality it takes to win. If I went into a match lolli-gagging and with my head in the clouds, I wasn't half the wrestler I was when I was focused and determined. We were all that way. My dad would tell me it was like a switch I had in me. I recall one time getting headbutted and they were going to stop the match. They were about to cut my eye since it was so swollen. I was down in the match and just lolli-gagging before I was headbutted. After that it was like a whole new person and I not only beat my opponent but beat on him badly and made him suffer because I held him personally responsible.

This is what I see when I look at a fighter. I saw it in Monson's eyes. He just wasn't there, he just didn't want it. Had he been aggressive and just charged Silvia after a few jabs or a big haymaker, he would have been able to take him down but instead he sits there and stands with him and dicks off. Hughes does the same thing, staying away from GSP and only counter-punching, not being aggressive and initiating his own strikes.

The aggressor usually takes these things. Fact is regardless of whether you like Hughes or not he was simply outclassed the other night. I was expecting a brawl, instead I got one guy who was into the fight and determined to win and another guy who was ready to hang up his shorts before he went into the ring.

i can agree with that

while we are taking about getting knocked the fuck out...........how many rounds do you think it will be before liddell knocks out ortiz...??

while we are taking about getting knocked the fuck out...........how many rounds do you think it will be before liddell knocks out ortiz...??

If Tito is on his game and not just a motor mouth, he'll dethrone Liddell. Now if Tito trains like he's been to beat Shamrock, an opponent who he knows he can knock out and beat easily, then Tito will be hurting.

Tito needs to condition and strength train. His techniques are there, now his health and physique needs to be up to par with someone like say GSP.

i don't know............i think that the ufc had to give him a run at the title and knew the money it would bring in. he would have a bbetter chance with Babalu but that is one that i think he would more then likely lose as well

it didn't help hughes that all the hype for the fight was around him. he was doing shit like "ufc all access" and all these shows and shit. he just wasn't focused.

it didn't help hughes that all the hype for the fight was around him. he was doing shit like "ufc all access" and all these shows and shit. he just wasn't focused.
I can see that, before he fought B.J. the second time he said that the first time B.J. beat him he felt relieved because being the champ for so long he was under so much pressure. It could root down deep that yeah, being the champ is great, but there is probably too much under-lying stress and pressure that after a while even though you want to be the champ, you don't want to be the champ. Not to say he threw the fight in the least, but it could be a contributing factor as to why he wasn't as aggressive as normal, and why his head was in he clouds. Who knows.

i would take that any day of the week..........i will not say that he could not submit me but if we stay up then he will need to see the replay once again to see what knocked his ass out. fighting is not nothing new to me and at 2 weight classes above him why not hell even the lowest ranked light heavy weight should be able to knock him out with no problem.......one of the first things you learn in fighting is how to use your weight behind your punches or kickes
Hold on, let me bow down to the Master of the Obvious...ok done...
Everyone on the internet knows how to fight...me, i've beat up Jet Li before and Jackie Chan didn't want any either because he saw how deadly my Drunken Master technique is:ph34r:

Anyway, like i've been saying for the longest fucking time in these UFC threads, if Tito doesn't let Chuck into his head again like he did the last time when Chuck psyched him into trying to go heads up, Tito will pound Chucks face in. Also, I don't think Chuck trains hard enough to go more than 2 rounds, just like Tyson. Explosive early then tires quickly. Just my opinion of course.

I can't wait to finally get hired full time at my job so my girlfriend can quit her job and watch my son full time, that way I get to start Muay Thai again. I only did it for 3 months like 6 years ago and had to stop because I moved and shit just kept coming up...:(

ummmm how many times have you seen matt hughes in the prefight shows and all that shit? A title fight isnt anything new for matt, you see-just about-the same story on him everytime. Maybe he was just not properly prepared...

Tito will rock Liddell.

ummmm how many times have you seen matt hughes in the prefight shows and all that shit? A title fight isnt anything new for matt, you see-just about-the same story on him everytime. Maybe he was just not properly prepared...

Tito will rock Liddell.
a title fight in ufc it the exact opposite of what it was 18 months ago. being on spike, having a reality show, and being extremely popular changed everything. the athletes have to adjust to the exposure. hughes is a country boy and this probably isn't easy on him. no excuses though.

everybody talks about liddell getting into tito's head. well, that's part of being a champion, you have to be head strong as well as fist strong.

a title fight in ufc it the exact opposite of what it was 18 months ago. being on spike, having a reality show, and being extremely popular changed everything. the athletes have to adjust to the exposure. hughes is a country boy and this probably isn't easy on him. no excuses though.

everybody talks about liddell getting into tito's head. well, that's part of being a champion, you have to be head strong as well as fist strong.
Tito IS head strong but he did slip that time. Don't forget Tito was the Champ before Dana White even bought the UFC so he knows what's up.

Tito IS head strong but he did slip that time. Don't forget Tito was the Champ before Dana White even bought the UFC so he knows what's up.
yep, and when white bought it, ufc went commercial. the huntington beach bad boy wasn't bad anymore. he was doing movies, commercials, all sorts of shit. it got to him and he lost his focus. he got caught up in the glitz and glamor. i hate to be negative, but i think the ufc has it's best days behind it.

ufc is on spike almost every night. they don't even show the best fights. they only show the ones that are sanctioned. no more than 2 years old. i want to see all the old school shit again. it was the best when people had to fight 3 or 4 times a night to win the tourney. now they only fight once every 3 or 4 months and have forever to train. its the fast and furious of mma. once shit goes commercial, it can still be ok, but it's more fun if it isn't so widespread.

you also have to remember that the UFC is a business. and right now, dana white is banking HARD.

you also have to remember that the UFC is a business. and right now, dana white is banking HARD.
yep, that's why i have no issues with people selling out and going commercial. hey, i would to. just because i understand it though, doesn't mean i have to like it. bring back the old school ufc and i'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back