who says FF's cant get sideways

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chris

nasa-2003-th-jh-0335.jpg

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 12 2003, 02:02 AM
he spun out... not drift.

hahaha and he thought he had some mad D0wnF0rc3 with that big fat aluminum wing on the end...notice the Civic without the wing is going in a straight line... :lol:

gettin sideways in the wet=easy
anyone ever seen Drift Bible? i highly recommend it

:p it was a joke. rwd guys always give us/me a hard time about FF's pushing. driver broke the back lose and did end up saving it.

BTW the rear wing does give alot of down force, especially under breaking., helps stabalize the rear. the front splitter had to be slightly increased do to the tendancy to oversteer (obviously it didnt help here!

the thing on the hood is a housing for HID flood lights. during the enduro it is pitch black with no lights. there were alot more crazy light configurations out there too, ours was pretty tame.

Originally posted by chris@Dec 12 2003, 03:17 AM
BTW the rear wing does give alot of down force, especially under breaking., helps stabalize the rear. the front splitter had to be slightly increased do to the tendancy to oversteer (obviously it didnt help here!

the wing adds alot of downforce on the rear wheels, which will just create a whole lot more of understeer when high speed cornering unless the suspension is tuned for it(such as the BTCC civics). the wings are more for zero lift on ff cars, not downforce(notice "tuned" wings specifically for FF cars have less angle of attack than the rwd cars). wings wont help braking, because you have to be moving for the wing to work, and if you're braking you are getting less downforce. FF cars tend to understeer more.

when you brake, the ass end comes up and the front end dips. the wing sticks out, catches air, and stabilizes the lift.

my ED9 Civic tends to ass-out just enough to look good. As far as going THAT sideways, I've never done it. Even in snow.

The hood thing looks complex for lights. And I see an intercooler in there. Would be neat if that were the case.

Yummy.. I see a Mugen wing on that forward one.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Dec 12 2003, 02:31 PM
my ED9 Civic tends to ass-out just enough to look good. As far as going THAT sideways, I've never done it. Even in snow.

The hood thing looks complex for lights. And I see an intercooler in there. Would be neat if that were the case.

-> Steve

no intercooler, pretty slick looking pic though!

Originally posted by Celerity@Dec 12 2003, 02:31 PM

-> Steve

I don't... I see a stock ed9 hatch with a Home Depot custom front lip on it....

Back