Who would be interested in a paintball outing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I'm posting this in the NE forum, cuz that who i'd imagine would show up- but ANYONE is welcome to atend if this goes through.

http://www.strategyplus.com is the place in central CT just over the Portland bridge in East Hampton CT. I've played there several times before, and its a good, woodsy course ALA capture the flag style. pretty big too. its a good 2 min sprint to the other flag usually. If memory serves, they have 4 courses, that you play twice (starting on oppostie bases each time)

they also have a "city" set up.

paintball_village_2.JPG

its insane. peeps drop like flies. lol

but anyway,

there is FULL rental of equipment and co2, and face masks, etc.
all you need to own is your self and some pants.... and some work boots/hikers are recommended for the terrain

you'll get a mask like so, and a gun like so

DCP_0535.JPG

9am - 4pm

cost is posted as 60/head for a basic plan, but you're going to need more cash for ammo and co2
with the group rate, if this happens and we have enough people, it may be a couple bucks cheaper for the basic plan. i'm not going to call or anything until i nkow there's some intrest.

Now, here's what I'm thinking.

Have the paintball event saturday, and plan it so the following day is a bristol autoX. there's plenty of hotels near by if you live far away. and don't want to travel up and down both days.

would this be something you guys would be interested in holding sometime this summer?

sorry guys, im just not into this kinda stuff.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Apr 11 2004, 01:11 AM
Hell yea I'm down!

I don't have a gun anymore though, I'll have to buy one.

you don't have to buy one.
just use theirs. its so much easier.

they can't shoot over 285 fps anyway., and you can't use a fully auto gun. only semi's. so why bother. just use theirs.

Chris- why not? paintball is soooooooooooooooooooo much f'in fun.

it barely hurts when you get hit. its not like someone is throwing rcks at you. it feels like a cheap shot punch from a buddy at a bar in the shoulder.

Sweet, let me some more info.. do you know the date you had in mind?

just checking for intrest at this point

if the intrest is there then something a little more solid will be put into the works :)

id possibly be down depending on work scheduel. looks like fun. would we have the whole course for ourselves or would it be a walk-on type thing where we would play with whoever wants to show up (like not necessarily HS peeps) ?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 11 2004, 12:16 AM
Chris- why not? paintball is soooooooooooooooooooo much f'in fun.

it barely hurts when you get hit. its not like someone is throwing rcks at you. it feels like a cheap shot punch from a buddy at a bar in the shoulder.

i know what it feels like. ive even got camos.

its just more fun with the laser tag system we had at ft benning. no mess either.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 11 2004, 12:53 AM
id possibly be down depending on work scheduel. looks like fun. would we have the whole course for ourselves or would it be a walk-on type thing where we would play with whoever wants to show up (like not necessarily HS peeps) ?

depends on how many people are interested
and will actually show up
doesnt help if 30 people "want" to go, but only 5 actually do

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Apr 11 2004, 09:43 AM
Lazer Tag = Boooooo :thumbsdown:

you arent carrying equipment, goggles helmet and shit. just your rifle and the sensors.

it was also 110 degrees.....

I would go but its opening day of fishing. If you guys go near a boat launch that morning just sit there watch as noobs and people forgetting how to launch their boats fuck things up. Its def a good laugh, except your friend does this to your boat. ( my boat got totalled this past weekend due to a friend's stupidity.)

Originally posted by Jeef@Apr 11 2004, 09:51 PM
I would go but its opening day of fishing. If you guys go near a boat launch that morning just sit there watch as noobs and people forgetting how to launch their boats fuck things up. Its def a good laugh, except your friend does this to your boat. ( my boat got totalled this past weekend due to a firend stupidity.

not sure but think he meant during the summer :shrug2:

Back