who would've thought I'd return to the yellow side...... picture warning!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Well.... not really yellow, more so black and orangeish.

as some of you know, I've been searching for a wrecked 1000cc bike to make into a street fighter. I've posted on craigs list, different forums and even put word of mouth out, and it turned up nothing. so I said to myself.... SCREW IT!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Suzuki says that with ram air it only makes 190hp at the crank.
I weigh 160 lbs so add that to the mix and it sounds like I'll have a fun ride. =)

I still can't believe I own a Gixxer, I never thought I'd break down and get one. In fact the only thing I dislike about buying this bike is that I now own a gixxer.... not sure about other areas but in maryland a bike aint nothing unless its a gixxer. I be cool now... and I hate that.

What I really like about this bike other then the fact that its SUPER SLIM the seat is ohhh so slim. works great with my short legs.
but other then that. I love how the 2007 model now has dual exhaust, and 3 settings A, B, and C.

A is the full blown 1000cc motor making 186hp or so before the ram air.
B is more of a 750cc setting making around 160hp up to 3/4 or something throttle then it kicks into the full blown A for full throttle twist.
C is like a 600. It limits the bike to 130hp so if you're running on a very small track or in my case, lots and lots of tight backroads, option C is a nice feature!

My #1 issue with a 600cc sportbike is when I'm on a highway the RPMs are sooooo high, now with the K7GSXR at 70mph I'm sitting around 4K rpm VS the near 7K! of my CBR.

As far as the CBR goes, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, it's pretty much spotless. I might list it on craigs list or just say F it and keep the sucker.

for anyone who cares, I paid 11,800 OTD and had them throw in a tank protector.

There's 2 mods I want to do to this bike and only two. ok well 3.

1. when the hard tags come in I'm building a custom tag bracket, thankfully the stock splash guard comes fully off with 4 bolts.
2. remove those ugly stickers!
3. adjust the adjustable foot pegs back as far as they can go. BTW 2007 models have 3 adjustments for the footpegs! nice feature!

I still can't believe I'm a "gixxer boy"

sigh. I hope I can get use to it.

on and P.S I'm scare as @#$#@$# about this bike. =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)

P.S.S I'll get some better pictures of it once I have some more time.

awesome bike

could you elaborate on this
I love how the 2007 model now has dual exhaust, and 3 settings A, B, and C.

A is the full blown 1000cc motor making 186hp or so before the ram air.
B is more of a 750cc setting making around 160hp up to 3/4 or something throttle then it kicks into the full blown A for full throttle twist.
C is like a 600. It limits the bike to 130hp so if you're running on a very small track or in my case, lots and lots of tight backroads, option C is a nice feature!

is it a button or in the throttle...

awesome bike

could you elaborate on this

is it a button or in the throttle...

Buttons. there's a mode up and mode down button. and they cycle through the A B C modes.

love it :eek:

you are a bastard and i hate you! :p

and its because i cant afford this stuff :D

FU bro FU :cool::cool:

love it :eek:

you are a bastard and i hate you! :p

and its because i cant afford this stuff :D

FU bro FU :cool::cool:

We can work out some kind of deal, how much do you think your woman is worth? =) Maybe we can do a trade + cash for the yellow one.

P.S I'm scare as @#$#@$# about this bike.
this will keep you from doing stupid shit on it. I'm scared as fuck of my R6 and it keeps me sane.

why the gixxer and not the new cbr? the cbr is more narrow, has electronic dampening and great power.

this will keep you from doing stupid shit on it. I'm scared as fuck of my R6 and it keeps me sane.

why the gixxer and not the new cbr? the cbr is more narrow, has electronic dampening and great power.

GSX-R is more slim, has an electronic dampener, and it has much better power.
CBR stops making power around upper 11s, the GSX-R screams almost to 14K

I did come close to buying the RR but ended up going with the GSX-R. IMO its the best damn bike of this year. if honda could make that 1000cc motor put out some more top end power it would rank higher. but nope. year after year it lacks that brute power. same goes for the R1 with midrange power... year after year....

maybe the cbr 600 is more slim. i didn't sit on the 1000. i thought the cbr was more comfortable. but again, it was on the 600.

i also thought the 600 didn't have electronic dampening. yet another difference it may have from the 1000.

does yours have the gear indicator also? thats one thing i would like to have.

GSX-R750 has a normal dampener but not an electric like the 1000. that's a new feature of the 2007 1000s. I'm not sure about the 600. Also the seat on the GSX-R is a lot slimmer then the honda, without a doubt, it's very slim. Because it's so slim, my feet touch the ground better on the 1K then my 600.

Yes it shows you what gear you're in.

That bike looks awesome, but I too don't like gixxers, primarily because of the people on them.

But the R1 and GSR1000's scare me.. I'll NEVER need that power (Of course, I am IN LOVE with the blackbird, and I know full well I'll only use 10% of what that bike can do)

That bike looks awesome, but I too don't like gixxers, primarily because of the people on them.

But the R1 and GSR1000's scare me.. I'll NEVER need that power (Of course, I am IN LOVE with the blackbird, and I know full well I'll only use 10% of what that bike can do)
nah, it's easily to make use of what the black bird can do, just point it down a straight road and floor it.

straight road is fuckin right
those things handle like a sofa

update, I got my hard tag today. yay.... too bad it cut into riding time since I couldn't go any longer with that stupid mud flap on the back. although I did enjoy people thinking I was a noob rider.

I went to my local ace and picked up.

long metal scrapper, I broke it apart and took the metal blade.
random small screws and nuts as with a few rubber gaskets/washers

What sucked is I thought I had a nice tin cutter but nooooooooo I didn't =( (adds to my list of tools to buy) So in order to cut anything I had to use some normal cutters and snip a small notch on each side (pita) and then carefully bend the metal over and using a big hammer I smashed it down flat, bent it back open and did it again going the other way, by then it would snap off some what clean, then I cleaned up the rest with a dremel tool (with the wrong bits might I add...) Over all this was a super easy design but a total PITA to pull off, if I was at my parents house this would have taken 10 minutes tops. doing it on the pavement with no vise, crappy hand drill, a single piece of wood and a dremel it took about 1 hour.

on to the pics!

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Over all I'm happy with it but the metal I used IMO is a bit too thin, I might head to the parents house one day in the next year, remove the bracket and use it as a template and build tag plate bracket ver2 with thicker metal.

I now have 580 miles on the bike and tomorrow is my first service (600 miles per Suzuki's book)
I can now take it past 6K RPM!!! yay =)

My longer term thoughts on this bike. too many good to list so I'll list the bad or at least the "not good"

Grips have a bit more vibration then I'm use to, it kind of reminds me of my old bandit but not anywhere near as bad. its mostly around 3-5K rpm
it's not bad... but not good.

When moving it around the garage it is no doubt harder to move then my F4i, both have the same weight based on the specs, maybe the Suk has more drag? either way its not as easy to move. While it is harder to move around, once on the bike it feels just as light if not lighter then the F4i.

The head light, I was hoping it would grow on me. while maybe it has a tiny bit, I hated it to start with, so now I just dislike it. thank god the rest of the bike makes up for it looks wise, and when riding I can't see that ugly cyclops eye. too bad my gixxer fans can still see it, thankfully no matter how ugly the bike, if it says GSX-R it will still be loved by all.

Speaking of headlights, while its been awhile since I've been on my F4i at night, I don't ever remember saying anything to myself about wow it's kind of hard to see on this thing, I noticed that on the Suzuki I kept having to slow down due to not being able to see clear enough, high beam on it's so so, with the low beam only and on a backroad... wow.... its pretty bad. you'd think after this many years of people $@#$ing about how bad Suzukis headlights are, they would do something about it.... nope! maybe HID upgrade in the future?

The gear display, This is somethign all bikes should have! I love being able to glance down to see if I'm in 1-2-3-4-5-6 it's nice when slowing down for a stop light. however neutral is displayed as 0 I guess it kind of makes sense but going from 0 click down to 1 then up to 2.... seems weird. Would have been nice if they just made it a N or even if they left it blank since there's a big N light right under the tach anyways.

those are the things that are off the top of my head, I'm sure there's another one or two.

If I had to choose one word to describe the bike...... I would have to say effortless.

it takes no effort to do anything other then see at night. wow I love this bike.
Anything you want it to do, it does, and it does it really @#$#ING FAST!

the plate bracket looks good. I don't really care for the headlight either, but you can't do much about that. i'm thinking about HID's also. I wish i had the gear indicator also. glad you enjoy the bike.

Back