Whoa... I wonder when this happened.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my point was that that kind of money, regardless of who's it is, in a bank is a horrible idea.

A) its not insured (unless its split out at 8 different media partners)
B) you surely don't need that kind of emergency fund, so its pointless to have ready access to that kind of money
C) you could do a hell of a lot better with it in markets instead of 3% savings or 5% cd's. how's 56% sound? several have done that this year.
Overall Top Performers : Mutual Funds Center - Yahoo! Finance

Uhm... B... You don't want to see my mother's bank account. Screw credit cards. One of her 6 savings accounts at this moment holds 822,317.56. Who's the amateur now? ;)

Is your mom looking for a sexy young handyman ??? To preform all her household duties and handle any task she might need fixed. Tell her Boosted said Whats up .

I clean old pipes pretty good. hahhahaha

my point was that that kind of money, regardless of who's it is, in a bank is a horrible idea.

A) its not insured (unless its split out at 8 different media partners)
B) you surely don't need that kind of emergency fund, so its pointless to have ready access to that kind of money
C) you could do a hell of a lot better with it in markets instead of 3% savings or 5% cd's. how's 56% sound? several have done that this year.
Overall Top Performers : Mutual Funds Center - Yahoo! Finance

With a bank roll like that , maybe you should be my new finacial advisor. what do you say .

ok... did I say anything about where the rest of her money is? No. Sure, it might make no sense to you, but, she only wants to do so much with it. She really doesn't care if her money is insured, she seems to spend it faster than I can think, but she has to have an account for her clients to drop money into. I see transfers in there on random days for 96k here, 18k there, another 120k here. One day it's in there, the next it isn't. She moves it around a lot. But, it's not my money, so I wouldn't know what to do with it. I don't ask her, it's her business, not mine. Maybe she doesn't care about if she could be making MORE money. She seems to do that quite well enough already. But, for all I know she's got money all over the place. I only have access to the one account anyway.

Last edited:
Another Hondaswap money thread. These should go the way of Political threads.

When I moved here in Feb of '06, I got one of those "Secured" cards from B of A. $500 limit...still hasn't increased...still hasn't increased my credit score, and I still can't get a loan--They claim that I have not established a long enough residency and I would need a co-signer. However, my credit was good enough to get into my apartment complex...I don't get it.

I went to Wells Fargo and applied for a card and loan, and they told me my credit wasn't good enough, but my annual salary of $48K is enough to get me a $3k loan without a co-signer...go figure...

Congrats on that increase...but like someone else said, keep on good terms...

My card is through my insurance company, I already have an established credit score of 756 or so. I built that score myself for the past 6 years with excellent payment history through my Cap one, dell, lensecrafters, etc lines of credit... I don't need credit or financial advice. :)

I'm going to be spending maybe 2-400 more on it for this trip, but afterwards I'm going to look for a second job. If I can get the car paid off in 1-1.5 years (1.5-2 years early) I'll be sitting pretty on income-debt ratio.

I'll just have to continue riding it out.

It almost seems like a lose-lose situation on the whole credit thing...

You need credit to get a line of credit, but nobody wants to give you the opportunity if you have none...That's my boat now...I'm 24 and have nothing reporting except my cell phone (Sprint/Nextel) and my B of A card, which hasn't done anything for me...

I'm essentially still a ghost in the system. Don't have enough credit to do anything, and can't get enough credit to do anything...

Anyone have any ideas on how to improve this situation? I'm all ears...

\ thread jack...

Unless your credit score is zero, there's no way a company like capital one will not approve you for a card.

When I first got my card, it had a balance of 200 dollars. Now it has a balance of 2400. When I first got my SF card, it had a balance of 2500 (I transferred my CO card to it), not it has a balance of 4000.

I used my Capital one card to build my credit with excellent payment history. Buy some gas with it, pay it off when you get your statement, repeat this for a year or two.

After 7 years, I had enough with my CO card, so I called to cancel it. They said sure, but we could offer you a lower interest rate. That day I dropped from 25% to 10.99%... simply because I never missed a payment (so that it would be reported unpaid by the three credit agencies) over the past 8 years now.

I always went to lenscrafters to get new prescription glasses - had excellent payment history through them. I used to have a mastercard - again, excellent payment history through them as well.

It takes time, and your cell phone really isn't going to show up. (at least mine doesn't)

The goal is long term loans or lines of credit. A one year loan for 1000 dollars, won't even show up. Mine doesn't.

Back