1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Are Integras So Much Heavier?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by lsvtec hatch93, Jun 20, 2003.

1. lsvtec hatch93

lsvtec hatch93 Senior Member

civic coupes and integra are pretty much the same car so why do integras weigh so much more. the motor is a little bigger but a GSR is about 2700 and a civic coup is around 2400+. thats a pretty big difference. does anyone know why?

2. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

my civic coupe wieghts in at 2600+ (99si). The car get heavier when you add the moonroof (80lbs), auto everything, yada freekin yada. That's why my civic weights nearly 2700lbs

3. mattcalica

mattcalica Senior Member

actually, the 2nd gen integras weigh less than most ek coupes...my 2nd gen with my b16 motor weighs in at 25** lbs. integras are actually semi-"luxuary" as they come under acura, so they usually have more options than a civic, such as a/c, p/w,p/s...etc....

4. 98integrals

98integrals Senior Member

compare the RS w/o alot of options... like moon roof,abs,and ugh... some other worthless shit... (2526 lbs) to the GSR with moonroof/alot of nice options (2667lbs) to the 99 type R, the lightest R, (2577)... and you see that more options= heavier cars.

the lightest teg isnt the R, its the RS cause they came w/o many options to add weight.. of course alot of the extra weight on the R is due to the reinforcement of the chassis

5. lsvtec hatch93

lsvtec hatch93 Senior Member

all that is true but a LS and an EX the same features but the civic weighs like 2 hundred pounds less.

6. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

Ok well look at the difference in exterior shapes. Personally I think the integra in longer than a civic! Well that equals more metal. That is my best guess yo.

7. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

dont forget about that huge peice of glass they call a rear hatch window on a teg they gotta weigh something

8. 2fastaccord

2fastaccord Senior Member

Since Acura makes a more luxuary like ride it has more sound dampening material as well which adds weight.

Peace*

9. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

It just has more shit on it, it's not like honda used a heavy type of metal for teggy's than civic's.

Milan

10. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

Not saying a heavier metal, I was saying more metal!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted