Why Are Integras So Much Heavier?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec hatch93

civic coupes and integra are pretty much the same car so why do integras weigh so much more. the motor is a little bigger but a GSR is about 2700 and a civic coup is around 2400+. thats a pretty big difference. does anyone know why?

my civic coupe wieghts in at 2600+ (99si). The car get heavier when you add the moonroof (80lbs), auto everything, yada freekin yada. That's why my civic weights nearly 2700lbs

actually, the 2nd gen integras weigh less than most ek coupes...my 2nd gen with my b16 motor weighs in at 25** lbs. integras are actually semi-"luxuary" as they come under acura, so they usually have more options than a civic, such as a/c, p/w,p/s...etc....

compare the RS w/o alot of options... like moon roof,abs,and ugh... some other worthless shit... (2526 lbs) to the GSR with moonroof/alot of nice options (2667lbs) to the 99 type R, the lightest R, (2577)... and you see that more options= heavier cars.

the lightest teg isnt the R, its the RS cause they came w/o many options to add weight.. of course alot of the extra weight on the R is due to the reinforcement of the chassis

Ok well look at the difference in exterior shapes. Personally I think the integra in longer than a civic! Well that equals more metal. That is my best guess yo.

dont forget about that huge peice of glass they call a rear hatch window on a teg they gotta weigh something

It just has more shit on it, it's not like honda used a heavy type of metal for teggy's than civic's.

Milan

Back