Why are the domestic drivers posting???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you want Domestic drivers posting in here? So you can tell your Honda buddies stories of how you ripped off a 12 second quarter mile and destroyed that brand new 03 SVT? I'm sure even if we weren't here someone would call BS on you anyway.

NO, its because this is a HONDA board.

if i wanted to read about domestics i would go to the DOMESTIC board.

there is a reason why this site is dedicated to hondas and other boards are dedicated to domestics.

Originally posted by micah@Aug 17 2003, 03:20 PM
NO, its because this is a HONDA board.

if i wanted to read about domestics i would go to the DOMESTIC board.

there is a reason why this site is dedicated to hondas and other boards are dedicated to domestics.

They don't open their mouths about domestics beating hondas, until ignorant fucks like you bring this stupid shit up for the 23098429408th time. Who gives a shit.

The local domestic people (prowler, domeskiller, etc.) know way more about hondas than you ever will in your life. That's why they are here. So stop bringing this bullshit back up and you won't get owned.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Aug 17 2003, 02:07 PM
did i say i knew? no. did i say i was king knowledge? no. i said it was what i remember from what dohcvtec accord posted a while back. he wrote to ford about it and that was the type of response he got (if he got any i dont remember). and if you worked for fords you should KNOW if there WAS or WASNT that type of mechanism, especially if you were taking the engines apart, not all this "i think" or "it looked like" bs. read the fucking post before you talk shit. ass.

He was being a smartass.. like if i said "there isn't any soda in that can" and yopu looked in it and seen some, you'd say "it sure looks like it" .. now, since you didnt get his comment, are you saying you dont know what soda looks like either?

"it sure looked like it" is a smartass way of sying there was something.

dveit-- if youd kindly notice, i didnt bring this shit up.

also if youd kindly notice, im not trying to own anyone and im also not being owned by anyone.

flaming on boards is pointless. wanna talk shit to me and ill give you my address so you can come over and get stabbed in the neck with a tire iron

ive been a posting member of this board for just at 2 years now. id ive never been one to get in an argument here.

kindly remove your head from your ass :moon:

hey i think its real simple i am a car person and my bro is a ford person he has an 02 cobra
i love both cars they are pretty close in performance and well this is why i like my civic
1.i love READ LOVE winding my engine to 9500 rpm its just sick (not that 7 is a slouch for my bro's v8 it sounds sick) when u have a v8 that does that daily driver give it to me cause v8's at 8-9 sound even harder then my civic but i havent seen one daily driver yet prob new nsx but to much $
2.the gas milage is great i just put an ls 5th and it owns joo i was at a ford dealership yesterday w/my bro getting new clutch (under warranty) and the new cobra gets 13city 19freeway 19 fucking freeway no thank you
3.since we all know that there will always be someone faster then u we find someone immediate, my case bro, to build our cars to compete against but ultimatly what matters is when ur alone on the freeway canyon strip and u drop it down 2 and take it to redline moving through the gears with precision as the speedometor moves through its range and THAT and ONLY THAT puts a smile on your face so if ur domestic beats me great maybe we can chill and talk about cars together u dont have to be like i own joo and thats that cause when i beat people i talk to them about there cars and what mods they can do to be faster if they want
because thats what it all comes down to being faster then stock

Originally posted by micah@Aug 17 2003, 02:50 PM
dveit-- if youd kindly notice, i didnt bring this shit up.

also if youd kindly notice, im not trying to own anyone and im also not being owned by anyone.

flaming on boards is pointless. wanna talk shit to me and ill give you my address so you can come over and get stabbed in the neck with a tire iron

ive been a posting member of this board for just at 2 years now. id ive never been one to get in an argument here.

kindly remove your head from your ass :moon:

so instead of a face to face debate, you'd just stab someone. And who the fucks stabs anymore? Bullets rule the world.

Originally posted by omega11855@Aug 17 2003, 02:52 PM
hey i think its real simple i am a car person and my bro is a ford person he has an 02 cobra
i love both cars they are pretty close in performance and well this is why i like my civic
1.i love READ LOVE winding my engine to 9500 rpm its just sick (not that 7 is a slouch for my bro's v8 it sounds sick) when u have a v8 that does that daily driver give it to me cause v8's at 8-9 sound even harder then my civic but i havent seen one daily driver yet prob new nsx but to much $
2.the gas milage is great i just put an ls 5th and it owns joo i was at a ford dealership yesterday w/my bro getting new clutch (under warranty) and the new cobra gets 13city 19freeway 19 fucking freeway no thank you
3.since we all know that there will always be someone faster then u we find someone immediate, my case bro, to build our cars to compete against but ultimatly what matters is when ur alone on the freeway canyon strip and u drop it down 2 and take it to redline moving through the gears with precision as the speedometor moves through its range and THAT and ONLY THAT puts a smile on your face so if ur domestic beats me great maybe we can chill and talk about cars together u dont have to be like i own joo and thats that cause when i beat people i talk to them about there cars and what mods they can do to be faster if they want
because thats what it all comes down to being faster then stock

your bro should have waited till the 03's. i bet he was pissed b/c it they advertise 320hp and it only dynos at like 280 or so b/c the test cobra had different exhuast and intake setup on it.

Yea, winding a honda may sound cool, but if its all blow and no go. Then you're sorta pissed. I was Ennis friday night and heard these imports sounding like they should be going 200mph and ran 15's and 16's and it was a cool night. I'd rather be quiet (minus blower whine) and bust a quick pass. That is justm e tho.

yea, the car gets shitty gas milage, but its a sports car, they were made to be fast, not save gas. That is why most sports car owners have a different daily driver, like a civic or accord to putt putt in to save money.

guns are for pussies.
if you look at it that way, missiles rule the world.

i just got pissed cause he was trying to turn this shit on me. i just posted my opinion.
and his post directed towards me was not an invitation to start a debate. he was trying to own someone who he thinks is a noob.

wholey arguement batman!

I drive a Honda BC I would rather have to work on my car to make it fast, then have to work on it to make it run. I understand that the V8 guys have a natural advantage unless I'm racing on a windy road covered in ice, but I don't care. In the end if a stock Mustang GT beats me, I lost to Ford. But if I tune my car to the point where running low 13's and I beat an SVT Cobra, they lost to me. That's why...

Jeeeezus

This topic has gone out of control and will now be closed.

Thankyou,

The Moderating team

Fuck this isnt nissantech. but seriously folks, Im surprised B hasnt closed this yet. You people need to calm the fuck down. here is my $.02

I dont care if its domestic or import. If its fast it deserves respect. I hang out with both crowds, i give the domestic guys shit, they know my car is slow, i know my car is slow, i tell them to pull out 4 spark plugs and then race me. :p You people are taking this way too seriously.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Aug 17 2003, 11:00 AM-->
@Aug 17 2003, 01:57 PM

dude, zetec isnt anything. its a sales pitch by ford to get dumass ricers to think it will make the car faster. i think dohcvtec accord posted something on this a long time ago. it is nothing.

I worked at Ford for a while, and have taken a few ZETEC engines apart. I guess I'm a dumbass, because it sure looked like there was a mechanism in there to advance and retard the cam timing. But hey, since you're King Knowledge, you must be right.

nice attitude for a mod

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Aug 17 2003, 08:04 PM
wholey arguement batman!

I drive a Honda BC I would rather have to work on my car to make it fast, then have to work on it to make it run. I understand that the V8 guys have a natural advantage unless I'm racing on a windy road covered in ice, but I don't care. In the end if a stock Mustang GT beats me, I lost to Ford. But if I tune my car to the point where running low 13's and I beat an SVT Cobra, they lost to me. That's why...

If you run low 13s you'll more than likely squeek past an LS1, but you won't beat an 03 Cobra..they run anywhere from 12.2s to 12.9s.

If stock times like that don't give ANY car guy a hardon, then he's not a true carguy.

I'm locking this becuase this shit gets hashed over and over again. If any of you feel it should be opened, feel free to do so. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. Other than my statement of fact about ZETEC, everything in this thread has been hearsay and speculation and opinion.

Jebus, everybody needs to calm the fuck down. It wasn't Chris that wrote Ford, it was me. I hit their website and sent an email to their customer relations box asking what Zetec was exactly. They fed me some hocus pocus bullshit about it being a "sportier" version of the standard Focus engine. My conclusion from that response was that it was nothing. If the Zetec has the ability to change cam timing then I would conclude from the response I got from Ford that the regular Focus engine has that ability as well. That may not be correct, but that is what I draw from Ford's response.

Sorry, but I've gotta post my 2 cents.

Here's what I KNOW.

Zetec is REAL in the euro cars, and the ZX2 over here. In the Focii, it's nothing but a name for that Series of engine like Honda's B, D, and H series.

All it does is advance one of the cams a few degrees to help open the overlap of the cams to increase top end performance. THAT'S ALL.

Also, who gives a rat's ass if we have domestic people on here. The only people here who seems to start shit are the annoying wanna be's with slow 15+ second Honda's. Even if this is a Honda board, it's refreshing to see the other side of the playing field with insightful information, usually more accurate than the idiots in Honda's.

Me = Import/Domestic CAR person too. I'm probably the most 50/50 person who posts on this board right now.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back