Why arent you speaking english?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You can probably afford to live on shit wages when you're living with 8 other people in your shithole 1-2 bedroom apartment in the ghetto. Just sayin... That's not just living without excess, that's dealing with far below normal standards of living because you have no choice.

Last edited:
If you WANT to, you CAN.

Libraries are free to the public and contain books on langauges. most have internet and there's 1000000000s of videos on how to learn _____________ on youtube.

TV with closed captioned words, and even SAP is available on stations.
watch it in english and record it
then watch it back with sap on so you can fully understand it.
That's how my russian friend and college housemate learned english. He bought a dvd set of some sitcom (i forget) that was also broadcast in russia. he watched the english videos over and over again and since he already kinda knew what happened, he was able to pick up on words and phrases and structure.
The first few weeks of school for him were tough, but every day he got better at understanding things. I would sometimes have to re-phrase to a more common word. Ie, he would understand 'good' but not 'excellent'.
By his 3rd year in the states, he was perfectly fluent in both proper and slang english. I taught him a new curse word/silly phrase every day :)

To the point at hand, In a few short weeks of trying, there's little excuse not to know at least basic conversational engrish.

I would say look to our money for our national language, but it's half in Latin so thats a fail too :(

call me ignorant, but i was raised in the south... and i dont like foreigners. not the mexicans, cubans, europeans, and the goddam french canadians worst of all lol. im with the judge on this one... its insulting to not speak english in the court of law when you been here 20 years.

i dont think he was a judge, nor was it a court.

i believe he was a rep of sorts, and that was a town/city meeting concerning a law that was going to be passed or something.

but, still, shouldve been speaking english.

I know a handful of older Hispanics and Asians that came over back in the 50s/60s and they didn't seem to have it anywhere near as hard as they do now. People today see illegal this illegal that on the news day in and day out. Then you have people who are out of work because they're not willing to take the open jobs that are available since its *below them* yet Hispanics take them so it gives them more reason to bitch.

This country seemed to be a bit more open minded 30-40 years ago, now everyone forgets what this country was built on and that either their grand parents or great grand parents or great great grand parents came over here the same way. Plus for some reason every Hispanic is Mexican and every Mexican is illegal.

I don't disagree with much of this except the fact that NONE of our grandparents (or w/e generation in your family arrived) came here illegally. The reason most people think all Hispanics are Illegal is because is there is around 20 million Illegals here. We have a current population (as of 2010) of 308million people. That means that around 6.5% of people are Illegals. That's a huge fucking number dude. We as Tax payers are being used by these people, and that doesn't even include the 40 some % of LEGAL US citizens that are aswell. Maybe if it wasn't 98% Hispanic people coming here Illegally, and being fully allowed to do so by the federal gov, people wouldn't have to stereotype. But as it stands it's pretty damn true. To deny that says you refuse to look at the facts.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with much of this except the fact that NONE of our grandparents (or w/e generation in your family arrived) came here illegally. The reason most people think all Hispanics are Illegal is because is there is around 20 million Illegals here. We have a current population (as of 2010) of 308million people. That means that around 6.5% of people are Illegals. That's a huge fucking number dude. We as Tax payers are being used by these people, and that doesn't even include the 40 some % of LEGAL US citizens that are aswell. Maybe if it wasn't 98% Hispanic people coming here Illegally, and being fully allowed to do so by the federal gov, people wouldn't have to stereotype. But as it stands it's pretty damn true. To deny that says you refuse to look at the facts.

This is a whole different topic. Most people view every Hispanic as illegal it simply is not true, however it does piss me off that most Hispanics I know who are here legally have to work so hard to keep that status current, depending on how they got here, it means more or less work. Some have to check in weekly, bi weekly, and some monthly, to show where they work, what schooling they've done, if they make too much or too little money it can cause issues. Every legal hispanic I've talked to about the subject hates illegals and the fact that they almost regret doing it the right way, they have to work so hard yet the illegals pay nothing can get away with damn near anything and unless they kill someone rarely ever get deported.

People looking for votes will bring up the topic and make it clear, We need to do something about illegals! Yet anytime an illegal person gets pulled over in MD, they *might* have their car towed, and for the most part, get tickets for no insurance, or not having a DL.

Done.

Look at the big issue with Chipotle, they hire illegals that have fake papers, Chipotle doesn't have a way of checking if the papers are legit or not. ICE comes down on them and says either pay the fine or fire the illegals.

Yes pay the fine, and keep them until next year when you'll pay that same fine again.

Should anyone blame them for coming over here illegally knowing damn well that most likely no one will do anything about it? This isn't a jumping across the boarder thing either, it's a drive over on a day trip or get a job across the boarder, then just don't go home one day issue. And no one does a damn thing about it.

We need to e3ither deport them or assimilate them so they pay taxes/have a ssn/etc.
I don't care which way it goes, but the current method doesn't work for any body.

We need to e3ither deport them or assimilate them so they pay taxes/have a ssn/etc.
I don't care which way it goes, but the current method doesn't work for any body.

The not caring method?

Back