Why Cant A Brotha Get Some Help On His Car..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

werky_18_il

i have a 1990 civic dx hatchback..
i just wanna know what kinda engine i should put in it.. i wanna run turbo too.. so if you guys can tell what what all i need and what kinda so i can get to buildin the engine i would be very thankfull and happy for you guys.. like possibly tell me the engine and like a swap guide like all i would need to put that engine in my civ...
thanx everyone for your time.. please help..i appreciate it..

Corey.. oh another thing dodge blows goats ass for trien to immitate an import by makin the new neon.. it will never beat a skyline to they need to stop bein retarded.. Skylines rule the imports..

Ok, in response to this and your other post in the Porsche thread...

1. Everyone's making fun of the Porsche because it's just so outrageous. The bodywork is hideous yes, but yes, it would also smoke the doors off all our Civics. Is it a street car? No. That GT1 is what we call a "homologation special". Porsche basically built enough of those to qualify the car as a "production car" so that they could run it in a specific race series. That's all.

2. Engine swaps aren't as simple as you want to think. There is no one simgle dominant engine. Different engines are better for different things, and they have different costs associated with each.

3. There isn't one particular "good" engine and turbo setup for your hatch. You need to answer these questions:

A. What do you want to do with the car? What kind of racing?
B. What kind of power curve do you want?
C. How much do you want to spend?
D. How much are you willing to do yourself?

It's just not as simple as "what kind of engine should I get". Now you know why people don't get helped when they ask vague questions. I could tell you to spend only $1000 and get a ZC dropped in, or you could spend $20k or more and get a 4G hatch setup that wouldn't be street drivable, but would run 10s or less in the quarter, and be good for nothing else.

What do YOU want to do?

By the way- you can't compare a Skyline to a Dodge Neon SRT-4. The Neon is a hell of a car, and Dodge isn't "trying" to imitate the import market. They're succeeding with getting into that market. Just because you don't like a certain kind of car doesn't make it a heap of junk. Which car dominated all sorts of SCCA classes for a few years? Yup, the Neon. As for the comparison, if a $20k Neon can't hold a candle to a $90k Skyline, then a $20k Civic or even a $40k Supra sure as hell can't stand up to a $350k Saleen S7. It's the same disparity. You're just seeing it through your own closed minded perspective.

if you run a turbo, build a LS vtec or just use a LS non vtec. depending on your financial situation. if you dont know what that is, they are the b18 series. build it up and boost it. b16a/b, b17a, b18c, b18c R have high compression and you would most likely need to spend a few dollars to brace the engine for more pressure.

NOT POST-RELATED

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 14 2003, 12:50 AM
It's the same disparity. You're just seeing it through your own closed minded perspective.

Thank you for your post. Well spoken. It's nice to see that there IS some intelligence on this board.

Originally posted by onetyme_sam@Jun 14 2003, 12:55 AM
if you run a turbo, build a LS vtec or just use a LS non vtec. depending on your financial situation. if you dont know what that is, they are the b18 series. build it up and boost it. b16a/b, b17a, b18c, b18c R have high compression and you would most likely need to spend a few dollars to brace the engine for more pressure.

LS/VTEC creates a high compression which is what you DON'T want for a turbo setup. Just go with LS/Turbo.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg+Jun 14 2003, 09:38 PM-->
onetyme_sam
@Jun 14 2003, 12:55 AM
if you run a turbo, build a LS vtec or just use a LS non vtec.  depending on your financial situation. if you dont know what that is, they are the b18 series.  build it up and boost it.  b16a/b, b17a, b18c, b18c R have high compression and you would most likely need to spend a few dollars to brace the engine for more pressure.

LS/VTEC creates a high compression which is what you DON'T want for a turbo setup. Just go with LS/Turbo.

The force is really fucking weak with this one... request beheading with a light saber.

<_<

The compression produced by an LS/VTEC setup running all OEM parts (meaning B18B pistons) is still very turbo friendly. It's not like bolting on a VTEC head all of a sudden makes your compression jump to 12:1.

Gee...

B18B = 9.2:1 compression
B18B with B16A head = 9.55:1
B18B with B18C head = 9.73:1

Wow. Super high compression indeed.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg+Jun 14 2003, 09:38 PM-->
onetyme_sam
@Jun 14 2003, 12:55 AM

:werd: ya iv been drinkin so what?

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 14 2003, 09:42 PM

The force is really fucking weak with this one... request beheading

Beheading you say:

Sorry, snuff films are NOT something we want to see on this site. Especially here, with no warnings or anything. Consider this censorship on HondaSwap's behalf. Don't EVER post something like this again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back