Why did you vote (or not) today?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This election was pretty weird. A pile of liberal issues passed and a shit ton of republicans were elected/re-elected.

NY governor by county
Cuomo won (Safe Act governor)
most of the state went red, but the downstate/NYC area has too many people.
frustrating.
index.png

As of 2010, New York State had 19 million residents.

New York City housed 8 million of them. Nearly half the state lives in NYC. lol

So what kind of turn out did your state have?

Voter
Turnout
31.32%

31% of Washington voters took the time to fill out a bubble on a sheet of paper, put it in an envelop that was put inside another envelope and mailed/dropped it off. There are around 300k ballots left to count so maybe the turn out will increase a little bit. But not even half of the states registered voters bothered to do so. I know everyone likes to bitch about how there is no choice with candidates and its the lesser of two evils but you do have an impact on local measures and initiatives. Plus most of the shitty candidates that run for congress start out in city government.

Last edited:
We don't even have a declared governor yet, votes are still being tallied.

I didn't. because I'm a mexi-can't. lol..

But if I did I'd vote I'd vote to legalize medical weed here in FL. As far as politicians here, it's still a freaking joke.

damnit FLounder we were thinking the same things. lol

Here in Maryland there was a pretty major upset. I'd like to think I helped, but I'm in a county that voted the same way I did, so it didn't really count.

Much to the dismay of (in no particular order)
The Clintons
Michelle Obama
Barry Obama
Bloomberg
O'Mally (old governor)
CNN
Huffington Post
and a lot of media.

Oh yeah, and the Democrat running for Governor, and the people who spent millions for him.

It's $4/hour in most areas with a 2 hour limit. Unfortunately (i'm being serious here) at least 30% of spots downtown are either 3 minute loading or no parking spots. Nothing is worse than trying to go to dinner downtown. I just won't do it anymore unless my girlfriend drives. And I won't wait for her to find parking. I have her drop me off and go in for a beer.

I used to love this city. But the crime, taxes, parking, people...everything makes me loathe this place.

haha and everyone in Fort Wayne got upset when they raised it from 25 cents to 50 cents per hour.

Well... Indiana.

My guess is median income is probably 2x Indiana, and home price is probably 5x-10x depending on the neighborhood here.

Cory Booker easily won in NJ. I need out of this state. Newark mayor to senator. Newark is still a dangerous, shithole. He just made people think he improved it.

What can I say, Democrats dont like spending their own money. Either they're spending someone elses, or theyre giving it to someone else to spend.

I voted because the gov race was tight and although I do necessarily agree with everything he is about I think he did well enough to continue. I am sick of the revolving door and the promise to undo everything from the last 4 years if the other side won continuing the fighting.

tbh, your state governor race is really the only one that matters. congress and senate work for the country. if you have a shitbag governor, you're going to get screwed. washington had the worst fucking dipshit democrat woman in the world. taxed the hell out of us. i should have punched in the face when i met her.

i'd like to see how many votes came in for Malloy after that Judge ruled those two places in Hartford can stay open longer for voting

Doesn't matter, even Foley said on the radio this morning that it made no difference for him. He wasn't going to win Hartford anyways. If we didn't have the cities voting for Malloy, Foley would have won. The cities can't go without their freebies while we get taxed more. Malloy acts like won by a landslide, when in fact he barely won. Almost half the state isn't happy with how he ran the state for the last 4 years.

Everyone was complaining that Malloy was going to win on the radio this morning. The hosts said if everyone is so unhappy then who voted for him. The other guy said they aren't awake yet.

Also got to love how there were voting issues and voter registrations not being there in time, yet idiots in CT voted the secretary of state back in.

Last edited:
Here in Maryland there was a pretty major upset. I'd like to think I helped, but I'm in a county that voted the same way I did, so it didn't really count.

Much to the dismay of (in no particular order)
The Clintons
Michelle Obama
Barry Obama
Bloomberg
O'Mally (old governor)
CNN
Huffington Post
and a lot of media.

Oh yeah, and the Democrat running for Governor, and the people who spent millions for him.

VmDzkRs.png

Back