Why do i have gas in my oil??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AMERICANBULLY

Ok im not a tech so please bare with me. I have a jdm b16a swaped into a 91 integra, took wire harness, and injectors off the b18a1 motor. Used a obd-0 to obd-1 jumper harness. Running a gsr p72 ecu. All sensors are hooked up knock, o2's, and have no check engine lights. I do get my oil light coming on when i push it.(i think this has to do with oil being thinned by gas) did a compression check, and all cylinders are even at about 180. Did an oil change lastnight changed ecu to a p30 drove 30 miles checked oil and the is gas in oil again. Any and all suggestions would be seriously appreciated

It sound like your fuel pressure is set way to high, what fpr are you using? what fuel pump?

Im using the stock fuel pump from the integra, and the fpr which i believe is fuel pressure regularor is the stock one off the b16a.

Changed oil twice since i bought the motor. Checked the oil soon after each time and there is a strong aroma of gas.

I would check your fuel pressure, I think your fpr is defective. The fpr diaphram may be leaking fuel into the vacuum hose and making it run way too rich.

when you turn the key, does the fuel pump shut off quickly, or does it run for a while.

if you let it sit, does it come back on or no?

How does fuel make its way beyond the combustion chamber where fuel is delivered? Defective piston rings being the most common symptom. If you race your car often or your engine is high mileage this is most likely a symptom. Higher than normal fuel pressure could do it, but if your piston rings were in great shape most of the unburnt fuel will be blown out of the exhaust, and/or foul the heck out of your plugs. But you mention the car runs great, so your plugs should be fine and your fuel pressure is where it should be. Unless you start experiencing a misfire you dont have a whole lot to worry about.

try replacing your fuel regulator. *find them in a junk yard. if its still getting too much fuel the get a adjustable regulator. I have B&M's adjustable one in which you just cut the top of your old regulator off and it bolts right on.

I have a feeling that he might be dumping gas into the engine when the car is off, that's how he's getting so much into the oil, rather than just going out of the exhaust

Excess fuel will cause other symptoms. Does the car need to crank for more than 2-3 seconds before starting? Typically FPR's function while the car is on and or igntion is in the on position. This could be from leaving the key in the on position while not starting the car to run accessories such as your stereo. A good question to answer is if you can hear your fuel pump continuing to run after 2 seconds from turning the ignition on. Keep in mind, It is only inteneded to prime the efi system for those first couple seconds.

A good question to answer is if you can hear your fuel pump continuing to run after 2 seconds from turning the ignition on. Keep in mind, It is only inteneded to prime the efi system for those first couple seconds.

exactly

Back