Why do you hate Hondas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whats so bad about a FWD car? :dunno: Oh right thats it you cant drift with them, son of a bitch.

Whats so bad about a FWD car? :dunno: Oh right thats it you cant drift with them, son of a bitch.

What's bad about Wrong Wheel Drive?

• Like you said, no drifting
  • Gay burnouts
  • No wheelies
  • Wrong Weight distribution for accelerating and braking.
  • Not enough traction when accelerating and turning (Total traction of tire-Traction needed to turn=Traction available to accelerate)
  • Torque Steer

ok, can't argue that it's front wheel drive and that's an issue....

But, if you only have say 15k, and you want a fast car, you can actually get a rediculously fast civic (5th or 6th gen) out of that kinda coin, wheras you won't be able to make the down payment on a corvette. Maybe an S2K though, they're sexy too...

yes, but you can buy a civic, build it, and still have just as much fun if not more and beat the piss (or anti-freeze) out of a corvette for less than half the coin. As long as you are willing to keep up with parts that will wear, I don't see why it's an issue. You can replace all of the moving parts in a civic, and do a killer swap with a turbo, destroy a corvette, and still have spent WAY less than you would on a corvette or something comparable.

Used z06 is like what $25k. Not bad at all for what you get imo. Yeah, you could build a civic for under that, but there is a difference in a car that comes stock with 400hp and one that was built up to 400hp.

Corvette:

• write Check... done
Civic

• Write Check
  • Fix everything that is wrong with car
  • Get engine
  • Research Turbos/mods
  • Buy all Turbo+ Turbo accessories
  • Buy transmission
  • Start Swap
  • #$%#
  • Finish Swap
  • Tune
  • Buy/install suspension mods
  • Road test
Problem is that when you modify a civic to turn out that kind of power, there are a lot of things that go wrong, and a lot of time getting your tune setup and finding all of the issue and correcting everything to make it reliable and road worth as a dd. Not saying that it's impossible, but It's not like you can just go to a dealership and pick one up.

That being said, there is always that priceless moment when you beat the shit out of someone and their big bad v8 :D

I won't argue that writing the check for the corvette would be simpler, and you'd have a better platform. to me it's just the fun and thrill of building a car up. I'd rather be able to say "I built that" instead of "I bought that". Ya know what I mean?

I won't argue that writing the check for the corvette would be simpler, and you'd have a better platform. to me it's just the fun and thrill of building a car up. I'd rather be able to say "I built that" instead of "I bought that". Ya know what I mean?

That's true, and I do have that same feeling, but to me it depends on what I want the car for.

If I had to drive it every day, it would be nice to have something that is all stock and I don't have to worry about and fix to keep running all of the time.

It it's just a weekend/summer car and I have another car, I have less of a problem owning a car that requires a lot of work and attention, because I will always know that if it's not running on Sunday night, I still have something to drive to work on Monday.

Plus, if something breaks on the corvette, you can just run to the store or dealer and get a new one. If you have a civic built using all kinds of aftermarket part, then if you break something, you have wait a few days to order a new part before you can fix it.

well, considering the "back and forth" between Caboose and me, it makes sense. If I'm going to build my civic, it's nice to have a spare car on the side, such as my Dodge Neon.

And while you're at it, can you finish your sentence? You're just sayin'.... what? That you think I'm a fucktard? That I'm completely moronic and shouldn't waste the electricity or bandwidth I'm using as a completely useless human being?

I'll be honest, the fact that you took the time to say that my statement was lame is rather lame. I'm just sayin'.......

But, if you only have say 15k, and you want a fast car, you can actually get a rediculously fast civic (5th or 6th gen) out of that kinda coin, wheras you won't be able to make the down payment on a corvette. Maybe an S2K though, they're sexy too...
You choose the civic and I will choose the vette. I promise I beat you and EVERYTHING, Including MPG.

that sounds like a very intelligent comment. I choose a civic, you choose a vette. sounds fair. Regardless, my comment about 15K stands. Or even 7 to 8K. Hell, I just bought my civic back for 1K, did a swap that's easily turbo'd, and will have a reliable fun to drive economical car that's kinda quick, and all for under 4K. Yeah, it's not a vette, but it is mine, and I built it with my own two hands. Before you could get a reliable vette to compare, you'd spend much more.

Buy a C4 shell for a grand, ls1 swap with trans is 3k, so I am 4 grand in and I run high 11s.... wanna keep going? For another grand I have 315 tires at all four corners and for 200 more dollars I have coilovers at 4 corners.

I pull high 11s, turn well over a 1.0 on the skid pad, and it would have a six speed so I would be seeing mid 30s on the highway and probably low 20s in town.

I've built this exact car and I did it for less than I just quoted you.

Buy a C4 shell for a grand, ls1 swap with trans is 3k, so I am 4 grand in and I run high 11s.... wanna keep going? For another grand I have 315 tires at all four corners and for 200 more dollars I have coilovers at 4 corners.

I pull high 11s, turn well over a 1.0 on the skid pad, and it would have a six speed so I would be seeing mid 30s on the highway and probably low 20s in town.

Sounds like a sweet project. I want to see a build thread, pics at the very least would be nice.

who would want a vette anyways yes they are nice cars and they are fast sure the price is alil high for them but you look at if something tears up how much the part is goin to cost and another thing is the insurance on them specialy for full coverage me i get the civic build it with my own two hands and be proud to say i built it and it would be my dd and still get good mpg but thats just my opinion

who would want a vette anyways yes they are nice cars and they are fast sure the price is alil high for them but you look at if something tears up how much the part is goin to cost and another thing is the insurance on them specialy for full coverage me i get the civic build it with my own two hands and be proud to say i built it and it would be my dd and still get good mpg but thats just my opinion

Didn't you read NissanNinja2nd's post at all?

That's cool. I'll give you credit for that.

A couple of reasons I wouldn't like it though....
1) Insurance
2) I don't know how easy it would be to find a C4 Shell
3) I have a thing for 4 Door cars that are just as functional as they are fast. That's just me

But to your respect, that is a reputable project that is relatively cheap. I won't argue that it would probably be a better platform for performance. That, and you would have the pride of building it yourself. I guess it comes down to practicality for me.

Alright vader.... I stand corrected

What's bad about Wrong Wheel Drive?

• Like you said, no drifting
  • Gay burnouts
  • Gay wheelies
  • Wrong Weight distribution for accelerating and braking.
  • Not enough traction when accelerating and turning (Total traction of tire-Traction needed to turn=Traction available to accelerate)
  • Torque Steer

LOL

Back