Why do you hate Hondas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1) Insurance
2) I don't know how easy it would be to find a C4 Shell
3) I have a thing for 4 Door cars that are just as functional as they are fast. That's just me
Insurance on the thing is 450 year round for full coverage, the C4 shells are piled up near me in several different yards... so its pretty easy to find one... the 4 door thing.... you are going to love my next project.

Its going to be Youtube worthy.... and I promise it to be one of the funniest things to ever have existed on the interwebs.

Buy a C4 shell for a grand, ls1 swap with trans is 3k, so I am 4 grand in and I run high 11s.... wanna keep going? For another grand I have 315 tires at all four corners and for 200 more dollars I have coilovers at 4 corners.

I pull high 11s, turn well over a 1.0 on the skid pad, and it would have a six speed so I would be seeing mid 30s on the highway and probably low 20s in town.

I've built this exact car and I did it for less than I just quoted you.

GTFO. You either didnt spend 1000 bucks for the 315's, or you got E-gays finest. Same with the coil overs. Springs alone run more than that, so I dunno what your talkin about. If its soo damn easy to do, why arent there more pieced togather C4's runnin around smashin Hondas at stop lights?

I wouldnt trust a pieced C4, but ya you dont see many kit cars. NOT saying they arnt around and NOT saying they are expensive, but the amount of cheap civics and aftermarket support, it makes more sence to do up a honda a little. I mean what all can you do to a vette, rims and tails, supercharger..... boring. Its more exciting to, like stated above me, build it up. Its more unique than any middle aged man buying a factory vette and leaving it in the garage 8 months of the year....

fuck a vette..
im tired of all the higher HP factory cars talking shit on hondas..
this is leading into import vs domestic war
i would much rather my hundred something factory car beat an over twohundred hp factory car..
BUILT>BOUGHT

Yeah, a modded Honda is REAL original.

If 240's weren't so inflated in price, my next build would be an LS1 swapped 240.
RWD or AWD is still the best way to go for a REAL performance car. Nuff said.

And not enough stuff to do to a C4 Vette? Hah. We think aftermarket support is good for Hondas? V8 guys have aftermarket BLOCKS and HEADS you can buy off the shelf. Hell, you can build a completely aftermarket 350SB, without using one OE part. Try that with a B16.

1. Yes there are thousands of modded civics but it can still be unique.

2. 240's are over done as much as civics.

3. Aftermarket support for V8's have been around much longer than for inline 4's. Now ill admit im not familiar with much for V8's. But i dont hear much about it, especially where i live. Only mustangs and camaro's which can be just as bad as a civic. Also think about where your stuff is coming from....Japan, not just an interstate away. In Japan however, its as common there as it is for American muscle here.

Last edited:
The main reason why Honda's are so heavily modded is because of the cost and the level of aftermarket support. People don't want to spend an assload of money to go fast and look decent. Its easy to do with imports because most of them are fairly light, whereas domestics (at least the older stuff) lacks the newer technology and weighs more. Though the aftermarket parts are quickly making gains in this area for the domestics.

Bleh, to me its not about imports/domestics. Its about cars. If its quick down the strip and through the twisties and it looks decent, I'm there.

GTFO. You either didnt spend 1000 bucks for the 315's, or you got E-gays finest. Same with the coil overs. Springs alone run more than that, so I dunno what your talkin about. If its soo damn easy to do, why arent there more pieced togather C4's runnin around smashin Hondas at stop lights?
The 315s are Kuhmos from a local shop, but this is a little more than what I paid for them. Kumho Ecsta V700. the springs are 100 bucks for the set and you buy some decent shocks at a local autoparts store. You have to weld in a 2 dollar plate on all of your spring seats though. Its not easy to build one of these things. You have to have wiring knowledge and fabrication skills to pull this build off. Its not like turboing a honda with the 95 billion kits that exist for any of your cars. For the record the C4 is the worst looking vette and when I built this one for a customer I continued to ask him if he wanted it in another series... a C3 perhaps or maybe even a C2..... no avail.

Also for the record a BONE STOCK C4 vette. like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___NICE-CORVETTE-C4_W0QQitemZ270276183376QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270276183376&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A3|240%3A1308&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245 will run mid - low 13s depending on driver...... any honda ever do that stateside? Pretty sure it could eat 90% of this boards cars with ease... and its stock.
I wouldnt trust a pieced C4, but ya you dont see many kit cars. NOT saying they arnt around and NOT saying they are expensive, but the amount of cheap civics and aftermarket support, it makes more sence to do up a honda a little. I mean what all can you do to a vette, rims and tails, supercharger..... boring. Its more exciting to, like stated above me, build it up. Its more unique than any middle aged man buying a factory vette and leaving it in the garage 8 months of the year....
More sense to do up a honda? How do you see this? I mean the 92-2000 civics weren't terrible cars, they had a decent idea... light fun-ish car that gets decent mileage. A friend of mine owns a 95 that gets 40s on the highway, but they are not fast, they are not meant to be fast, and it takes quite a bit more money for a civic to run an 11 second quarter than say.... a small block powered RX7.....
fuck a vette..
im tired of all the higher HP factory cars talking shit on hondas..
this is leading into import vs domestic war
i would much rather my hundred something factory car beat an over twohundred hp factory car..
BUILT>BOUGHT
Leading to import wars? Where have you been since 1970? Ever since the 240z ate the vette for lunch almost 40 years ago its been import wars. All the "american" people try to flex their e-cocks on how their cars were made in america and how the rice balls need to stop being so annoying. Get used to it. You make zero power, you arent quick, the cars look O-K at best and to tell you the truth, they aren't worth the amount of money required to make them truley fun cars.

There is only one honda car from this site that I would actually own... that is B16s road racing delsol. Because I love track racing.

ok you are entitle to your opinion,but your on a honda site,i dont really think your going to convince me,or half the other members here,
we are registered here for a reason,because we like hondas,
i dont go to domestic forums,or anything and talk shit on them,so i really dont find it suit to come here and talk shit,this was a why do you hate your honda thread,not hate on everyone with a honda thread,,

The point the imports try to make is you dont need a giant 6 liter V8 to make power. Skylines, supras, type R's, silvias all of em "japanese muscle" and many of them can whip american muscle. Now i know alot of muscles cars are fast and are a great symbol of american engineering, but is it really necessary to make such large engines. I love the sound and power but there are better ways. I'm probably telling you what you already know, but so many people are still stuck in the V8 is the fastest.

Guy at work in his 40's, i had to educate him on how a 1.6 can make 170 stock, and that a 2.6 inline 6 can make almost if not more than 300HP. He said bullshit. Not saying this is you (nissanninja) as you obviously own an import/honda. But what your saying here is you hate your honda, why do you own one and why are you here? We all have a right to be on this site but jeez.

When i go to a car show, i am still interested in the muscle and V8's and vettes and all that. But when i see the ones who walk around with their trans am shirts and nascar hats they laugh at the imports, some are funky and some have bad taste in what they put on their car but what are you really laughing at. Until my friend starts up his skyline and revvs. The turbo scares them away. A car enthusiast is a car enthusiast. The images hondas in particular that have gotten is annoying slow farty 1.2 liter junk piles made for girls. The muscle heads need a class on real power output, not just make it bigger and bigger to get more power.

hondas are good cars perform great for there class and has been ahead of almost every car company there is.and at one time they even had the worlds most powerful motor per liter of any motor any v8 ect ect and still makes some of the most hp na that you will see. to say there not good cars that performs like they do for what they are is just ignorant.even if you have always hated honda you have to give credit when its due.

Last edited:
nothing says middle aged, midlife crissis douche bag like a vett. end of story. they might be good cars but they have a worse rep then hondas do for being ricers. I do appreciate what they can do, but in my eyes they will never overcome the stigma of carting around middle aged douches.

1.Ricers that give true Honda lovers a bad name
2.IACV
3.Ohio and what the weather does to them

Other than that I really cant say anything bad about them.
building upon your #2, you forgot one byron, main fuel relays ^^
and i'll add my own, honda distributors.... i won't start a rant here, but i haven't given up my personal war with those bastards.

Last edited:
nothing says middle aged, midlife crissis douche bag like a vett. end of story. they might be good cars but they have a worse rep then hondas do for being ricers. I do appreciate what they can do, but in my eyes they will never overcome the stigma of carting around middle aged douches.

My neighbor, just did a huge 20,000 renovation on his home, got a hot tub installed, has a BMW roadster, Jeep Liberty, Escalade and...... a vette. Only 3 people live there, why soo many cars. I dont know why you would put that much money into a regular bungalow on a street full of the same houses, shows off all his cars is his small driveway. He is a prick. I know for a fact cause my dad knows him, hes loud and obnoxious. He inherited his fathers insurance company and hasent worked a day in his life, same with his son. He drives his vette (recently bought last summer) once a week for only the summer months. Waste of a car. He is in fact "the mid life crisis douchebag". He laughed at me when i was under my hood. He said "Looks like you could use a newer better car, maybe with some torque." I said "I have more engineering in my engine than your whole car, i get 105HP per litre and can sit at 8200RPM for longer than it takes you to fill at the pump." Ya....he hasent said a word to be after that. Half of what i said was out of all the time he told me to "slow down" when coming down the street..... yet him and his son do the same thing.

Plus my dad said the vette was for "compensation." lol he doesnt like him much either.

Ok im done my ranting, back to Honda's, i to hate the crappy idle issues that we all had/have had.

The main reason why Honda's are so heavily modded is because of the cost and the level of aftermarket support. People don't want to spend an assload of money to go fast and look decent. Its easy to do with imports because most of them are fairly light, whereas domestics (at least the older stuff) lacks the newer technology and weighs more. Though the aftermarket parts are quickly making gains in this area for the domestics.

Bleh, to me its not about imports/domestics. Its about cars. If its quick down the strip and through the twisties and it looks decent, I'm there.
That's what I'm talking about.

Lmao! This is soo true. I hate Vettes cause of the ppl that drive em. The new ZR-1 is a bad ass car, but I already know that the first time I see one on the road, the guy drivin in will have his graying hair slicked back, gold frame aviators, have a big gold ring on nearly every finger, and hell have some exotic lookin button up shirt with the top 4 buttons undone so you can see his cheesy gold chain resting on his nasty ass matted chest hair. And what pisses me off even more is when you ask if they have any plans for the car, the typical response is, "NO! This is a Corvette. Its already fast. Theres nothin I need to do to it."

Exactly. Thus the old joke, What do Corvettes and hemorrhoids have in common? Sooner or later, every asshole gets one. :rolleyes:

Edit: Fuck it, whatever.
Everyone is always going to have this argument.
Imports are better because blah blah blah 40mpg blehhhh
Domestics are better because bleh bleh blahhhh and IT GOT A HEMI blaehhh
This argument is like the "beating a dead horse" thing.. only its been beat all the way through the earth several times. Its just fucking stupid.

I think before posting in some topic like this you should have to read something that lets you know that we are just on the internet. Its not real life. What happens in real life between imports and domestics 90% of the time comes down to the driver.

This is an unsolvable argument in any department.. MPG, Power, Handling, Reliability, whatever. Its all preference. Do what you like. Stop bitching at each other and getting at each others throats over the internet about it.

Last edited:
Back