Why do you love hatchbacks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriz

So I realize I'm very new to these forums and will probably get a beating for asking this but in spite of that I am forced to pose the question... What is up with you guys' love affair with hatchbacks??? I mean am I missing something? I can't stand the things... they look ridiculous no matter what you do to them, and I'm sorry if that's offensive to any of you its just my childish opinion but still... :mellow:

Idk I guess I want to hear the other side of the story, why do you love hatchbacks?

I'm pretty sure I don't care about your opinion. ;)

I've never owned a 4 door car. I've had 2 coupes and a hatchback... ok one of the coupes was a 'notchback'. I love a well modded hatch, lowered, nice rims, no decals, etc.

^ So just because they're better for racing??

And don't get me wrong, I'll take a coupe over almost any 4-door. I'm talking about hatchbacks, and I take back what I said about me not being able to digest any of em, some do look real nice but for the most part I don't like them.

They weigh less and handle better than their coupe and 4 door counterparts. And have much more utility because of all that extra space in the back. Its all win.

I used to have quite a disdain for hatchbacks when I was younger, but after seeing enough clean well-built hatches, they really grown on you.

ill take a hatch over well, anything but mitsu doesnt offer a mirage hatch in the US except for 85-92.

I like them because it reminds me of turtles..........................I like turtles.

have a friend that has a golf, I freak out everytime she backs up
1. because she hit my car.
2. because im like you're gonna smash the trunk!!! oh yeah...
3. cause shes a woman
4. she likes to ride peoples asses and it sincerely scares the shit out of me. she gets so close they start to break check her, and shes like wtf?! why are you stopping.... facepalm...

back to the thread, I like hatches. better than coupes id say, but I go for crx ftw.

So I realize I'm very new to these forums and will probably get a beating for asking this but in spite of that I am forced to pose the question... What is up with you guys' love affair with hatchbacks??? I mean am I missing something? I can't stand the things... they look ridiculous no matter what you do to them, and I'm sorry if that's offensive to any of you its just my childish opinion but still... :mellow:

Idk I guess I want to hear the other side of the story, why do you love hatchbacks?
keep in mind there are lots of cars that are hatchbacks, ive owned all kinds of cars and once i got my first hatchback thats all i want now, and im on like my 8th. even my rsx type s is a hatchback

Less weight and I personally like their looks. Plus some girls like the thrill of getting it on with the hatch open... Just sayin.

Or that's a poor excuse to say "look I'm tapin this".

My cousin's hatch...super clean. How can you not like these? It's for sale too btw. $7500 obo. it's a b18c1...rear disk brakes.

100_1368copy.jpg

This is my car, want to know why I like it? Because I do.

That's all the justification I need.

I don't even understand the reasoning behind this question. It's like asking "Hey, why do you like to wear pants? Like what is your infatuation with pants?" :huh:

Less weight and more room/estate in the back.

I used to have quite a disdain for hatchbacks when I was younger, but after seeing enough clean well-built hatches, they really grown on you.

Ditto for me. I especially hated the EK hatch. Now I feel I should've offed myself for it.

I love my EJ hatch because it's got the room of a four-door, but the utility of a station wagon when you fold the seats down. My fit is a 5-door hatch, which I can live with, but I really didn't need all that extra weight of the doors. The fit is actually classified as a "mini station wagon" by the US DOT, so I dunno if I can rightfully call him a hatch.

Everyone knows that station wagons are the new sports cars, but hatches are sporty. Too bad the rest of amerika doesn't feel that way.

E will back me up on this: Wagon FTW.

i love 92-95 hatches the most!!!
i use to not like 96+ hatches but they have grown on me...i see soo much potential in a hatchy...

becouse its a hatch!!! lmao nah but they are small and light weight i love them cuz its a hatch they just look asoume in my eyes and its fun to fully modify them and then go agains a car that more expensive and kick that dudes ass whit it and see him cry later on lol

but i dont like the EK that mutch, dont like the front lamps and the back end and the back end lamps on it looks too mutch like a moms wagon sry guys dont hate me for it but the EG and the 89 hatch are my favorites but nothing beats the CRX!!! ;P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back