Why do you love hatchbacks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had two CRXs, but I honestly like my (1988) hatchback more. Though, I prefer the corners on the CRX; which is why I have a CRX front end on my hatchback. :)

E will back me up on this: Wagon FTW.

:werd:

wagons and hatches just have much more usable space and are far more versatile.
when i wanted to pick up 3 bookshelves from home depot, i damn sure wasnt fitting them into something with a trunk... but with my protege5 (wagon) all i had to do is fold the rear seats down and toss the front passenger seat forward and everything fit fine... even when i had my insight, i was able to fit a shit ton of stuff in the hatch on that
i generally dont mind coupes, but hatchbacks and wagons are far more practical (and look better IMHO) and i cant fucking stand sedans...
2,3,5 doors :thumbsup:
4 doors :thumbsdown:

:werd:

wagons and hatches just have much more usable space and are far more versatile.
when i wanted to pick up 3 bookshelves from home depot, i damn sure wasnt fitting them into something with a trunk... but with my protege5 (wagon) all i had to do is fold the rear seats down and toss the front passenger seat forward and everything fit fine... even when i had my insight, i was able to fit a shit ton of stuff in the hatch on that
i generally dont mind coupes, but hatchbacks and wagons are far more practical (and look better IMHO) and i cant fucking stand sedans...
2,3,5 doors :thumbsup:
4 doors :thumbsdown:

Your sense of practicality in a car just comes from what you use it for. I understand your POV perfectly, but a hatch or a wagon would have been a PITA for me and a few of my friends who always took turns taking everyone home after school or going out on a Friday night, etc.

Granted when you shove 14 people into a Dodge Dynasty its not exactly legal anyway... but trying to get out of a hatchback woulda been a PITA. lol

Most people I know use a pickup for hauling, etc. Then they'll use their 2/4 doors for taking people out and about.

I wish I had a pickup. :(

they have grown on me. I like a well modded eg. I like a super clean ek. I drools over a modded super clean stock looking crx.

i think they have better aerodynamics at high speeds dont they???

Your sense of practicality in a car just comes from what you use it for. I understand your POV perfectly, but a hatch or a wagon would have been a PITA for me and a few of my friends who always took turns taking everyone home after school or going out on a Friday night, etc.

Granted when you shove 14 people into a Dodge Dynasty its not exactly legal anyway... but trying to get out of a hatchback woulda been a PITA. lol

Most people I know use a pickup for hauling, etc. Then they'll use their 2/4 doors for taking people out and about.

I wish I had a pickup. :(

thats where the 5 door hatches come in (wagons)
all the ease of accessing the back seat of a sedan, with more usable cargo area (and better styling)

thats where the 5 door hatches come in (wagons)
all the ease of accessing the back seat of a sedan, with more usable cargo area (and better styling)

The Fit will fit probably 9 people. And that's not counting the trunk area, let's call it an even 12. I could even flip the seats down, and put more people in the trunk area.

I had 9 people in my 95 civic 5-door once. It wasn't a hatchback, but it wasn't a sedan. I think it's called a fastback? It was a sedan with a hatch like a crx. Unfortunately, that car sucked for hauling stuff.

you're the evil fuck that stuffed 5 people into an Audi TT... your input is not valid here

*I* couldn't fit in the back of a Fit. and you want to throw 8 others in there with me? you're crazy pickles.

you're the evil fuck that stuffed 5 people into an Audi TT... your input is not valid here

Hahahahahahaha. The guy in the office next to mine heard me laughing so hard he just came over to see if I was alright.

*I* couldn't fit in the back of a Fit. and you want to throw 8 others in there with me? you're crazy pickles.

That's because you're a fatty, fatty.

I love my hatch because it's different (for the area I live in) No one close to me is into Hondas so they make fun of me. They say I'm too big (I'm only 6'2" 210lbs) for it.

Back in '96, when I got my EG SI, my friends made fun opf it for its looks. They were into coupes, EF hatches, Accords and Preludes. They soon figured out that its a sweet car for racing and began to be intrigued by my sweet a$$ beer can.

Now days I love it because no one around me is into them and I am way different. Sadly, I don't get into as many street races (no one wants to test the red rocket anymore). It used to be a blast when I was whoopin' Muffstank GT's with my LS swap. Now all I get is dumb idiots in mid 80's preludes trying to think they can hang with the beer can/red rocket. But it is fun to give them the scolding finger wave as I pull them before third gear.

lol wow..your gay^
pot_kettle.jpg

my 260Z is a hatchback...
my CRX is a hatchback...

and when your racing and need room to carry spare wheels, toolboxs, spare parts, chairs, cooler's...etc...to event's... = awesome.

Plus I had a legacy wagon, and took home a dryer from Lowes in the back with no problems... and my outback wagon can take 8 foot lumber and steel stock with no problem.

You know all of you guys have really good points, I had never looked at it that way. I just never really liked the style, but I can see how they would be advantageous. I still don't think I'd own one =P

and i'd never own a 02 Accord coupe.. i think they're ugly as sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back