1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does it bogg!!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 92civicgsR, Nov 24, 2006.

1. 92civicgsR

92civicgsR New Member

Hello, i have a 92 civic with a gsr motor (b18c). car ran great untill it started to bogg. if i floor it the car begins to bog alittle at 3000 rpm and then agian at 4700. at around 5000 rpm if i hold the peddle down it will choke really hard almost like theres no fuel or like something is extremly plugged.. if i hold the gas half way down it will go through the rpm with out bogging... can anyone please help and explane that cuz i have no idea..... also i have a skunk 2 ecu that was on the b16 from before i dont know if thats the problem cuz there was no problems when i first installed the motor ....

PLEASE HELP BECAUSE ITS GETTING VERY ANOYING!!!:( :( :(

2. hondarin

hondarin Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. VIP

how many miles are on the car? have you ever replaced the fuel pump? are you using your stock O2 sensor? are you throwing any CEL's?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  3. Spyderturbo

Spyderturbo Senior Member

sounds like a vacuum leak, or else a fuel delivey problem. Any CELs?

4. 92civicgsR

92civicgsR New Member

never changed the o2 sencer... nore the fuel pump you think it could be that i need a fuel pressure regulator .... iv been running it really nice for like 1 week with out pushing the gas down even once....and it feels better it still boggs but i can push the peddle alittle farther now im still not going to push it but i think maybe it is the fuel pump cuz why is it that if i take it easy its feels alittle better .. cant be the o2 sensor!

5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

No CEL's? it sounds like you have a bad TPS

6. 92civicgsR

92civicgsR New Member

7. B16RacerN2NR

Throttle Position Sensor...it's on the back of your throttle body. It sounds like it's part of the problem since you said part of the bogging is related to where you have the throttle pushed down to. It might not be throwing a light since the sensor itself is getting a reading but it could be that it needs to be adjusted.

8. 92civicgsR

92civicgsR New Member

could i possision it my self like what do u have to do i didnt even know that sensor was there...:confused:

9. B16RacerN2NR

Honda-Tech.com: How to: Adjust TPS voltage

Fifth post down... I tried to find the link that someone had on here but I can't...

10. 92civicgsR

92civicgsR New Member

alright well thanx alot man ill just ask my mechanic ... need anything just let me know later bro!

11. ms.tuner

ms.tuner Banned

it could be the throttle body, theres a little screw thats controlled by a hex on the throttle body and sometimes that screw wiggles free which causes it to bogg. and it will not throw a check code

12. 92civicgsR

92civicgsR New Member

really.... ima go check that out then.... thanks i think it could be my fuel pump though cuz the fuel pumps been the same since 1992 everything else is changed in the car.... anyway im not going to touch anything like tht screw or what ever cuz i know nothing about it ima send it to my mechanic and let him know what the problems could be!! thanks all!:)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted