why does my motor feel like S***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatcher

y is my car running like shit!!? i just change my rotor with a new b16 one for my gsr distributor. is that the reason y when i step on the gas, it goes nowhere and wants to break down?? i have to shift from 1 to 2 to 3 to get the car moving alittle bit cause sometime i cant move in those gears and it make it seem like if i step on the gas for 1st gear, i might blow the shit up.

my question is this, whats can be worng with my car?? can tranny oil b involve in this?? im leaking motor and tranny oil. ill fix that soon but i want to know what i can do first to make my car run normal again.

Originally posted by hatcher@Nov 24 2003, 06:56 PM
is that the reason y when i step on the gas, it goes nowhere and wants to break down??

quote of the week...

anyway... dude, seriously, i think you should bring it to the dealer.

any cels? timing off? could be a bunch of stuff....

try using a GSR rotor...i know people think b-seris is b-series and that it should work but a GSR has a different cap and rotor than a b16...trust me, i work at autozone and they are completely different part #'s...but seeing as how wrong autozone is most of the time, in this case they are right and there is a slight difference between the 2 sets

if your tranny has no grease in it, it will feel like a pail of shit. i suggest you fix the leaks immediately. did the car run O K before you played with the cap+rotor? listen to the engine while you press the gas pedal, does it sound like a miss fire? listen to your car, it will tell you whats going on.

cels are 10,20,41. will timing really matter?? when i rev alone, its seem okay. the car was in doing okay b4 the rotor change but the speed sensor didnt work. im getting a new distributer soon so ill see what will happen.

Back