Why doesn't my VTEC work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow that guy got kind of defensive pretty easily.............salt in his vagina. lo.

in all seriousness ,man. If you want to see if the vtec is at least getting a signal,run a wire to a volt meter from the ecu. inside the car. Hell a small light will work. we dont try to insult you. we just want to rule out all the stupid misatakes we have ALL made at one point or the other. OR go to a junkyard and yank a VTS out of some single cam. Its a pretty simple fix if you diagnose it right.

if his car was a dx orig it wont work by simply putting on an si harness. . . you would still need to check out the wires under the dash at the ecu. But who knows about putting a b series into an ef shell (check the sig, 180whp gsr ). I'm with u all the way andrew. BUt yeah my bets on the wiring, either at the dizzy or at the ecu. he also didnt give much info on the car its self. No model, dx, si and whatnot. I could be wrong, but oh wells, wouldn't be the 1st time i miss read something.

btw, your sig doesnt show dude? ;)

I don't want it to seem like we're flaming his thread, but when you ask questions, you've got to expect a variety of questions...

ohhhhh haha interesting. . . it used to be in my sig, i'm not sure where it went: but ne who heres my EF build

GSR bottom end, .25over b16 pistons
High 11 compression
ARP head studs
S2 Pro series IM, w/ Hondata intake gasket
holley 68mm throttle body
ITR 4-1 header, w/ 2.5 in magna flow exhaust ( sounds niceeeee btw) kteller 2.5 mandrel bend kit.
PnP b16 head w/ dual valve springs and ITR cams, Milled about .030
AEM hybrid CAI
Running obd1 w/ p28 tuned on chrome

made 178hp on a dynapack dyno with a 2in exhaust and 4-2-1 dc header w/ 2in collector. This completely robbed my hp, so note ( dont cheap out on the exhaust portion of your build ) so im guessing with my new exhaust i should make somewhere around 190 ish. . .just a guess but my power dropped off at 7200 =T

also, my power should have kept climbing for another 1000rmps or so. . .oh wells, live and learn

thanks. . . hehe its good to get some nice comments on an old EF. . . its hard to find clean ones anymore.

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubbles here, but it wasn't anything less than a faulty Oil Pressure Switch, which I bought OEM from an Acura Dealer. And on top of this, I installed a VAFC-II, so that cancelled everything out anyway.

It wasn't the oil level, that was my first guess. It wasn't the TPS (I don't know why oyou figured it would have been the TPS, my ECU wasn't throwing any codes for TPS)... it was just a faulty sensor that was probably damaged in the wreck from the donor's car. Too easy! :cool:

Heh, well, glad you figured it out bro!
Thats probably MORE than half the battle

Back