Why Honda Swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Mar 22 2005, 08:12 PM-->
@Mar 22 2005, 06:36 PM
i went with honda because i looked at buyin a 240sx , it was either the ka or rb 20 motor i was lookin at , i think both , and for 5 id only run at best 14.9 with the swap. Plus u cant find parts for those jap turbo motors as easy as u can for a b16. I painted my hatch electric blue , added the ww kit , 15 in rich slips and a b16 swap with i/h/e for 6k.i can run between a 14.2-14.4 with the swap , and low low 13"s on a 55 shot. instead of rockin a unpainted 240 with a ka swap that would have a hard time with GSR"s
[post=477331]Quoted post[/post]​

fcea3498.jpg

[post=477342]Quoted post[/post]​

Bwahahahaha

That's priceless.

The reason i took to hondas was the fact that there sterotyped to bein slow ricer cars and i wanted to build one that can take out all the haters. Still in progress of building but love it and its a lot of fun.

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 23 2005, 09:15 AM-->
Hondas are physically easier to swap, and more people own Civics, Integras etc...
[post=465045]Quoted post[/post]​

reckedracing
@Feb 23 2005, 09:33 AM
hondas because of their reputation for being reliable and effecient, good quality cars,they can hold up to a beating...
[post=465052]Quoted post[/post]​

Hondas are cheap and readily avail. and Most of the parts are easily interchangable.
It is hard to find a decent mid 90's Sentra,240 etc...there are just not an abundance of them around.At least in my area...

I look at cars kind of the same way I look at fishing... bear with me for a moment;
Import 4 cyls - light spinning tackle, lots of shit gets away, and it takes a lot of work to properly fish it, but its much more rewarding when you real one in
Dom. V8's - Like taking shark tackle to a lake. Any dumbass can real in anything because it takes no work, your lines not going to break.

With that said, any dumbass with a right foot can own the road in a corvette, but it takes a real driver to do it in a 4 cylinder. I'd rather get my one or two good kills from time to time in the Teg than beat everyone on the line in a Vette...

... if that makes sense

good try for an analogy wonderinman but still dosnt work-

its more towards the thing of earned effort/speed vs bought factory production- any one can spend money and have a fast car regaurdless with money/time
but its more rewarding when you take some thing not even 1/4 of the price and can haul as on the more expesive thing when you are the underdog !

Back