Why i am NOT racing my car at pomona today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s3f9b00807ef50.jpg

that pic was taken in the middle of the day. my car is covered with ashes from the nearby brush fires. the ash in the air is so thick it has obscured the sun and lowered visibility. i hope they cancelled the races because the track is actually CLOSER to the fires.

here is a pic i took a couple days ago. it shows the layer of ash-dust hovering near the ground. there are 3 big brush fires and theyve been burning for a few days now. some people have already lost their homes. the fires are about 30-40 miles from where i live.
s3f9b00af9eb25.jpg

does aem my an air bypass valve for that stuff?

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Oct 25 2003, 06:59 PM
man that shit looks nasty and looks like its gonna be a bitch to clean the ash out/off of everything.

i hope it doesnt get that bad. :ph34r: right now all i need do is wash the car to get rid of it.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Oct 25 2003, 07:24 PM-->
TrailorParkPimp
@Oct 25 2003, 06:59 PM
man that shit looks nasty and looks like its gonna be a bitch to clean the ash out/off of everything.

i hope it doesnt get that bad. :ph34r: right now all i need do is wash the car to get rid of it.

LOL you could probably use one of those California Dusters and wipe the car down...LOL

I am one lucky bastard, I used to live about 5-10 minutes away from where those fires are taking place, my mom and sister are in danger of losig their homes, hopefully it doesn't get them. I wanted to see pics, thanks for getting those, I hope everything goes OK.

reason # 54352355473464 why cali sucks.

here, we have water, firefighters, and amokey the bear to help us prevent forrest fires. I can't think of ever seeing 1, ever.

Originally posted by convertedstangbanger@Oct 25 2003, 08:24 PM
do you have a garage to park your car in?

no, its full. gotta have a place for my drumset :D

Frankie P., i really hope your mom and sister's homes are OK.

Brian - you have rain, snow and umm... more rain and snow...and cold! arent u lucky :D

One of the mods from my other board lives extremely close to the brush fires in Rancho Cucamongo...he's probably 2 days away from having to be evacuated. I hope everything works out for him and you as well.

thanks but i live about 30 miles from the fires, but we are getting all the ashes. i heard on the news that cars in LA are getting covered in ashes too. thats another 30 miles away!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 25 2003, 10:07 PM

here, we have water, firefighters, and amokey the bear to help us prevent forrest fires. I can't think of ever seeing 1, ever.

amokey the bear>>>>>>>you

Haha!

Originally posted by khrisb+Oct 26 2003, 09:24 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Oct 25 2003, 10:07 PM

amokey the bear>>>>>>>you

Haha!

Connecticut>>>>indiana

Here we just have water and firefighters, and that boring ass smokey the bear. :lol:

amokey the bear>>>>>>>>>B

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 26 2003, 02:18 AM
Brian - you have rain, snow and umm... more rain and snow...and cold! arent u lucky :D

snow kicks ass... i look forward to winter every year... there is no better time to be on the roads having fun than in the middle of a snow storm... all the idiots that cant drive usually get off the roads by 7pm leaving the roads open for people that actually like driving in the snow, and the plow guys... cops arent even an issue in the snow shit last year i probly ran from 10 cops, they cant drive in snow for shit

we usually dont get that much rain either (this year was unusual)

**nextel chirp** "CODE WHITE!! CODE WHITE!! conditions are good, we are go for drift... repeat, we are go for drift!! :D

Originally posted by Blanco+Oct 26 2003, 05:26 AM-->
Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 26 2003, 01:18 AM
convertedstangbanger
@Oct 25 2003, 08:24 PM
do you have a garage to park your car in?

no, its full. gotta have a place for my drumset :D

You play drums? Cool. How long have you been playing for? What kind of kit do you have? Playing with anybody or just a hobbie? Sorry, I used to work in a pro drum shop and I'm a drum geek. I've been playing for 15 years and almost had a DW...but I bought my Si instead. :p

cool! i been playing for about 15 years too. been in a couple of bands that played local gigs but didnt last long. ive just got a pearl export set, but its a 7 peice. standard 5-piece with 8" & 10" rack toms...and a double-bass pedal. got 5 cymbals +h.hats. got all my stuff years ago. havent bought anything but sticks and cymbal polish for the last few years. do u have a set at all?

Back