Why I don't trust CircutCity

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
VTECnical's Circuit City Road Shop installation - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

That's the final straw. I'm never buying from them again, unless it's clearance merchandise, and they lose money on it.

(They sold me an iPod Touch which had been resealed by their heat-shrink-plastic machine, then refused to refund me after I walked out of the store and opened it in my car. The serial numbers even matched on the box and the iPod Touch.)

This is why I don't trust any of those big-chains, and why I have problems trusting anyone who 'installs car stereos'.

VTECnical's Circuit City Road Shop installation - Page 23 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

uhm this guy is a total moron. i worked on that car at that circuit city. i have 5 years experience doing this stuff and i did it with a guy that has been doing it for over 8 years and worked for tweeter and now a manager at best buy. this guy was aware of all the modifications to his car. he signed a waiver approving it all. he watched us do all the install the whole time.

Haha, burned.

they did a horrible install job for me, but it was the middle of winter, they closed the auto craft shop on post and it was freezing outside. also i'm impatient and didn't want to wait till it warmed up so I could do it myself.

We have a lot more in common than I first thought, jeeze.
I thought I recognised your location. I knew a guy who got picked up on PPP and ended up there.

I let a local electronics store do an install for a friend once, because I didn't feel like crawling under his dash. He is still pissed off at me for suggesting that place. They drilled a hole in his firewall, and didn't use a grommet. However there are places that I'd whole-heartedly suggest. There's a place here that does the upgraded-audio system instalations for Porsche, BMW, Honda/Acura, Volkswagen, Volvo, Audi and Mercedes Benz. I walked into the back to talk to the guy, and he was working on a Porsche Cayenne S. Exactly what you want to see if you're thinking of doing buisness with a company. heh.

loaded for me....probably too much TRAFFIC :) when you were logging on. As for CC, they suck big ones anyway. More expensive than BB and anywhere else. The only good deals they have is their clearance. And there's not enough workers.

Did anyone read the 'parts list' ?

A lot of those parts seem like they aren't interior parts.

Who the hell lets bestbuy or circuitcity install ANYTHING on a car? No thank you, I'd much rather play a car audio place that does nothing but car audio installs to do it. That is, if I wouldn't do it myself.

I'd trust a knowledgeable friend do it before them. at least i can beat his ass if he breaks something.:D

Yeah, really.

I do that all myself, because then I have no-one to blame but myself. It pisses my girlfriend off when I do stuff myself, even though I know she could help me. I tell her "I don't want something to get screwed up, because then I'll be unsure of who to blame."

When you screw up your own car, it's alright, but when someone else gets paid to screw it up, that's different.

BTW: it looks like this kid did a lot of that damage to the car himself. 15k miles is a lot of wear-and-tear.

Back