1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I don't trust CircutCity

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by awptickes, Apr 1, 2008.

1. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

VTECnical's Circuit City Road Shop installation - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

That's the final straw. I'm never buying from them again, unless it's clearance merchandise, and they lose money on it.

(They sold me an iPod Touch which had been resealed by their heat-shrink-plastic machine, then refused to refund me after I walked out of the store and opened it in my car. The serial numbers even matched on the box and the iPod Touch.)

This is why I don't trust any of those big-chains, and why I have problems trusting anyone who 'installs car stereos'.

2. awptickes

VTECnical's Circuit City Road Shop installation - Page 23 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Haha, burned.

3. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

they did a horrible install job for me, but it was the middle of winter, they closed the auto craft shop on post and it was freezing outside. also i'm impatient and didn't want to wait till it warmed up so I could do it myself.

4. awptickes

We have a lot more in common than I first thought, jeeze.
    I thought I recognised your location. I knew a guy who got picked up on PPP and ended up there.

I let a local electronics store do an install for a friend once, because I didn't feel like crawling under his dash. He is still pissed off at me for suggesting that place. They drilled a hole in his firewall, and didn't use a grommet. However there are places that I'd whole-heartedly suggest. There's a place here that does the upgraded-audio system instalations for Porsche, BMW, Honda/Acura, Volkswagen, Volvo, Audi and Mercedes Benz. I walked into the back to talk to the guy, and he was working on a Porsche Cayenne S. Exactly what you want to see if you're thinking of doing buisness with a company. heh.

5. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

6. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

8thcivic.com won't load for me :(

7. freak86

freak86 New Member

loaded for me....probably too much TRAFFIC :) when you were logging on. As for CC, they suck big ones anyway. More expensive than BB and anywhere else. The only good deals they have is their clearance. And there's not enough workers.

8. awptickes

Did anyone read the 'parts list' ?

A lot of those parts seem like they aren't interior parts.

9. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Who the hell lets bestbuy or circuitcity install ANYTHING on a car? No thank you, I'd much rather play a car audio place that does nothing but car audio installs to do it. That is, if I wouldn't do it myself.

10. freak86

freak86 New Member

I'd trust a knowledgeable friend do it before them. at least i can beat his ass if he breaks something.:D

11. awptickes

Yeah, really.

I do that all myself, because then I have no-one to blame but myself. It pisses my girlfriend off when I do stuff myself, even though I know she could help me. I tell her "I don't want something to get screwed up, because then I'll be unsure of who to blame."

When you screw up your own car, it's alright, but when someone else gets paid to screw it up, that's different.

BTW: it looks like this kid did a lot of that damage to the car himself. 15k miles is a lot of wear-and-tear.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted