why illegal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by K-V-NO@Feb 12 2004, 05:27 PM
knowing the swap is illegal, what is the concenquences of being caught, who would turn me in, to who? HIGHWAY PATROL?
for now, i like to see a b-series in 02 civic, later in future, of course k20a, they're jus too dawm expensive @ this time.
and has any1 done or known any1 who has done this swap?

it really depends on where you're at. if you're in CA and you get popped for racing or something of the sort and the cop checks under your hood and know's what he's lookin' at then he'll send you to the ref. you wouldn't be able to pass your ref w/ a b-series. so if you're really worried about it, keep your old d-series and if you have to get inspected... just swap the d back in.

I have 2 2002 civics and a 94 DX (which is my baby).

02 civics ex's come with 1.7 liter vtec engines not 2.0. (thats SI) (d(17)'s duh) Putting a b series into an 02 civic is really stupid, its a new day and age K-series is for them. Not the older slower B-series.

K-series (and D-series 02 civics have) - Distributorless Ignition system- -fuel pressure regulator is in the gas tank. Shifting systems are different, and some of you are wrong. Mounts are different from B-Series. Its not gonna go in.

01-04 Civics that d-series, are suppose to be swap with K-series.

he has a d-series in his ex. it would be 4867654687654687654564 times harder to but a k-series in there than a b-series. swap your ITR engine dude, and don't listen to anything

You dont know what your talking about go read some more, K-Series bolts right in to 02 civics with Hasport mounts.
B-series has different mounting positons, and would have to be custom fab. which is pointless, and is not plug and play like the K-series into 02-04 civics.

Originally posted by Soichiro-Honda@Feb 13 2004, 03:42 AM

02 civics ex's come with 1.7 liter vtec engines not 2.0. (thats SI) (d(17)'s duh) Putting a b series into an 02 civic is really stupid, its a new day and age K-series is for them. Not the older slower B-series.

K-series (and D-series 02 civics have) - Distributorless Ignition system- -fuel pressure regulator is in the gas tank. Shifting systems are different, and some of you are wrong. Mounts are different from B-Series. Its not gonna go in.

he has a d-series in his ex. it would be 4867654687654687654564 times harder to but a k-series in there than a b-series. swap your ITR engine dude, and don't listen to anything

You dont know what your talking about go read some more, K-Series bolts right in to 02 civics with Hasport mounts.
B-series has different mounting positons, and would have to be custom fab. which is pointless, and is not plug and play like the K-series into 02-04 civics.

Two weeks ago you had never heard of a K series swap, now you're an expert? :thumbsdown: :newbie:

kyle , when did i ever say that his car had a k series you fucktard high school punk. . why would you ever put a b series into that car. misinformation where the fuck is my misinformation? what is the weight of a newer civic 2500 lbs look how slow the civic si is with 160 hp so why would you put a b series with not a lot of torque into a newer civic. swapping a b series in is like swapping a zc into an eg or ek. why dont you put a b series into your moms jeep you fuck.

swap for k into 02 civic
http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Ki...ount%20ESK1.htm

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 12 2004, 04:38 PM
The transmission is on the same side of the car as the B series... the D17 engine and transmission share the same configuration as the old D series cars.

The B is physically easier, since you don't have to worry about swapping the subframes and moving all the accessories over to the other side of the engine- but wiring will still be a pain. Since K swaps are getting more and more common, I'd just go that route- get a subframe and mounts from HASport, then hack away!

what do you have to say to calesta kyle? how he is giving misinformation too

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 13 2004, 11:33 AM-->
Soichiro-Honda
@Feb 13 2004, 03:42 AM

Two weeks ago you had never heard of a K series swap, now you're an expert? :thumbsdown: :newbie:

B16 you certainly acting mature, for your age you are on Icy_winds level. Unlike him I dont waste my time with people like you.
FYI, I've known of the K-series swap since 02, even the s2k engine into EG chassis.

Originally posted by Soichiro-Honda+Feb 13 2004, 07:35 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 13 2004, 11:33 AM
Soichiro-Honda
@Feb 13 2004, 03:42 AM

K-series (and D-series 02 civics have) - Distributorless Ignition system- -fuel  pressure regulator is in the gas tank. Shifting systems are different, and some of you are wrong. Mounts are different from B-Series. Its not gonna go in.

01-04 Civics that  d-series, are suppose to be swap with K-series.

B16 you certainly acting mature, for your age you are on Icy_winds level. Unlike him I dont waste my time with people like you.
FYI, I've known of the K-series swap since 02, even the s2k engine into EG chassis.

You haven't killed yourself yet?

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Feb 13 2004, 12:10 PM-->
@Feb 12 2004, 04:38 PM
The transmission is on the same side of the car as the B series... the D17 engine and transmission share the same configuration as the old D series cars.

The B is physically easier, since you don't have to worry about swapping the subframes and moving all the accessories over to the other side of the engine- but wiring will still be a pain.  Since K swaps are getting more and more common, I'd just go that route- get a subframe and mounts from HASport, then hack away!

Am I? No....

I said it's physically easier because you don't have to remap the whole engine bay... which you're going to have to do when you put a K block into a 7G Civic. Sure, there aren't any mount kits for the B blocks to go into a 7G Civic, but that's probably because it's not legal to do so in the States. If you're able to fabricate some mounts to put the B into the 7G (lots of people have already), then everything would still line up more conveniently than on the K block.

I would still rather swap a K block into the 7G. The K is far better than the B, it's a legal swap, and mount kits are available now. You still have to move all the accessories over to the other side of the engine bay though.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Feb 12 2004, 05:39 PM-->
SixtySecondAssassin
@Feb 12 2004, 03:30 PM
are you guys sure the b seires is easier? will it go it with stock axles/hubs/mounts? sure its still a d series but the tranny is on the other side of the car. also, it sounds like it would be a wiring nightmare.

do you ever use the stock axles or mounts when switching from D to B? :no: . and what calesta said. just don't go giving advice when you don't know what you're talking about.

By the way Kyle... if you're swapping a B series into a 5th gen or 6th gen Civic, you can use all stock mounts. They may not all be the stock mounts that were in the Civic, but you can use a combination of the Integra mounts from the donor car and the Civic's mounts to get it all to line up perfectly. The stock hubs also work with the new equal length axles from the Integra.

So... yes- you DO use the stock mounts and hubs when you swap to a B- at least on a 5G and 6G.

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 14 2004, 01:43 AM-->
Originally posted by vtecsir1@Feb 13 2004, 12:10 PM
Calesta
@Feb 12 2004, 04:38 PM

The B is physically easier, since you don't have to worry about swapping the subframes and moving all the accessories over to the other side of the engine- but wiring will still be a pain.  Since K swaps are getting more and more common, I'd just go that route- get a subframe and mounts from HASport, then hack away!

Am I? No....

I said it's physically easier because you don't have to remap the whole engine bay... which you're going to have to do when you put a K block into a 7G Civic. Sure, there aren't any mount kits for the B blocks to go into a 7G Civic, but that's probably because it's not legal to do so in the States. If you're able to fabricate some mounts to put the B into the 7G (lots of people have already), then everything would still line up more conveniently than on the K block.

I would still rather swap a K block into the 7G. The K is far better than the B, it's a legal swap, and mount kits are available now. You still have to move all the accessories over to the other side of the engine bay though.

i wasnt saying you were wrong calesta i wanted to see how kyle was going to say you were wrong. i wouldnt ever challenge you on honda info because i know you know a lot more than i do.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Feb 12 2004, 05:39 PM-->
SixtySecondAssassin
are you guys sure the b seires is easier? will it go it with stock axles/hubs/mounts? sure its still a d series but the tranny is on the other side of the car. also, it sounds like it would be a wiring nightmare.

do you ever use the stock axles or mounts when switching from D to B? :no: . and what calesta said. just don't go giving advice when you don't know what you're talking about.

i wasnt giving advice, hence the question mark at the end of the sentence. have you ever swapped an engine? i used honda mounts for mine, as well as axles. so do you know the answers to my questions?

so as far as you know, this guy could have to fabricate one-off mounts and come up with some custom axles, not to mention what he would have to do to the wiring. id rather swap a subframe, which just bolts on, than make a custom mount.

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 14 2004, 01:47 AM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 12 2004, 05:39 PM
SixtySecondAssassin
are you guys sure the b seires is easier?  will it go it with stock axles/hubs/mounts?  sure its still a d series but the tranny is on the other side of the car.  also, it sounds like it would be a wiring nightmare.

By the way Kyle... if you're swapping a B series into a 5th gen or 6th gen Civic, you can use all stock mounts. They may not all be the stock mounts that were in the Civic, but you can use a combination of the Integra mounts from the donor car and the Civic's mounts to get it all to line up perfectly. The stock hubs also work with the new equal length axles from the Integra.

So... yes- you DO use the stock mounts and hubs when you swap to a B- at least on a 5G and 6G.

thank you, Mike

Back