Why ILLEGAL ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by PhyRe@Apr 22 2004, 08:59 AM
i know in ct the reflector ahs to b 1x2 incheslike a bicycle peddlereflector. and since we are on the subject does anyone know what red bulbs are good. u know ones that dont turn pink after a week ciz im lokin inot those lights too

A little :eek:t: but LED lights are the best for the good red color. The regular bulbs just turn pink. :ghey:

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Apr 22 2004, 04:14 PM-->
@Apr 22 2004, 08:59 AM
i know in ct the reflector ahs to b 1x2 incheslike a bicycle peddlereflector. and since we are on the subject does anyone know what red bulbs are good. u know ones that dont turn pink after a week ciz im lokin inot those lights too

A little :eek:t: but LED lights are the best for the good red color. The regular bulbs just turn pink. :ghey:

Yes, but any of those crap ass LED replacement clusters you buy in AutoZone or RiceBoys aren't worth a damn. They may be more intense, but they're actually quite a bit less bright than normal bulbs. You get significantly less usable light.

and thats becuase LEDs use a focused beam, that only projects forward, and when manufacturers designed taillights, they did it with regular light bulbs in mind, so the reflectors are designed for a traditional lightbulb, not an LED.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 23 2004, 02:10 AM
and thats becuase LEDs use a focused beam, that only projects forward, and when manufacturers designed taillights, they did it with regular light bulbs in mind, so the reflectors are designed for a traditional lightbulb, not an LED.

Yes and no... there ARE good replacement LED clusters out there which mimic incandescant bulbs' light pattern very well- they're just not going to be found in your local auto parts store's rice section.

The intensity and the brightness of the cheapo LED clusters have nothing to do with the fact that they use coherent light on a fixed wavelength... there's a lot more to it than that!

Multi-point Racing harness are illegal ? I dont see why, I mean damn, My car dont have air bags, and I wanna be safer, so I would think recaro seats and 4 point harness would do me better then the stock seat and seatbelt. Do they make any street legal racing harness ? because that's a big bummer for me to hear that they're illegal.

They're not DOT certified, that's all. The only DOT legal harnesses that I know of are made by Schroth. DOT certification isn't cheap, and although a decent aftermarket harness may in reality be safer than what came in your car- the government and the auto manufacturer can NOT regulate how someone installs aftermarket seat belts. If you put them in wrong, they're not safe.

Recaro seats and good 4 points harnesses might be safer to you than your stock equipment, but they're also more dangerous in other ways. The stock 3 point shoulder belt system will allow you to bend over and survive a roof collapse- a 4 point harness will not.

Get it?

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 24 2004, 09:54 PM
Recaro seats and good 4 points harnesses might be safer to you than your stock equipment, but they're also more dangerous in other ways. The stock 3 point shoulder belt system will allow you to bend over and survive a roof collapse- a 4 point harness will not.

Get it?

basicly if you have harnesses and you dont have a rollbar/cage

YOUR HEAD BECOMES THE ROLLBAR/CAGE!!!!

broken neck = :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Apr 25 2004, 04:53 AM-->
@Apr 24 2004, 09:54 PM
Recaro seats and good 4 points harnesses might be safer to you than your stock equipment, but they're also more dangerous in other ways.  The stock 3 point shoulder belt system will allow you to bend over and survive a roof collapse- a 4 point harness will not.

Get it?

basicly if you have harnesses and you dont have a rollbar/cage

YOUR HEAD BECOMES THE ROLLBAR/CAGE!!!!

broken neck = :thumbsdown:

:werd:

I use the stock seat belts in the Civic on the street, even with the Corbeau seats. They work just fine, attract less attention, and are easier to get in and out of.

Back