why is IAT light on?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
Sup fellas! Long story short I swapped my JDM type R in a 2000 Si that I bought for cheap. The IAT sensor is on the intake tube where the IAT on the type R is on the manifold.

I have it hooked up on the intake tube just like the B16 had it but the light stays on and won't go away.

I'm running a chipped and tuned P28. before I cut the harness and change the plug to fit the ITR sensor is there anything else I should consider? It runs fine, idles low every once in a while but nothing a throttle bump can't fix.

It's for sale too ;)

Maybe bad IAT? Something like that happened to me; I just happened to have another IAT sensor; swapped it over, and the light was gone.

i guess it would be my luck with it going bad but it never left the intake tube while swapping the motor :lol:

I'll cut the plug and replace it with the one that goes to the ITR manifold and see if it goes away. I deleted some of the emission crap which is on the B16A2 t-stat housing plugging up to the canister on the firewall. I deleted it and left the canister purge unplugged....nothing going to it so WTH. that would cause anything will it?

Back