Why is it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by ktanaka@May 3 2004, 10:21 PM
Goddamnit. I live in Iowa and we have NO good martial arts classes. I wanted to take Kung Fu, but no one teaches it arround here. All they have is Tai Quan Do (SP?) and that shit is ghey.

Taekwondo - one word

meaning : foot hand way

i took it for 9years. had my black belt for over 3years now.

its a good martial art, it has strong parts and weak points just like every martial art. and my being a leg oriented person like cal, TKD is the way to go. its primarily kicks, with a decent focus on punches and arm techniques.

personally i think the most practical and functional martial art is Aikido. if youve ever seen a good demo you know what im talking about. that shit fucks people up, and all off their own energy. my TKD instructor was also 4th dan Aikido and 3rd dan Judo, so we got a well rounded style, not just straight TKD.

that shit is badass. i could do most of the stuff they didi off the trampolines though. for some reason i cant do jack shit on solid ground but get me on a trampoline and i can do just about anything :)

Werd, Akido is the shit!!! I wanted to take that, good for me cuz I am a little guy, but Krav Maga, has a lot of excerise in it, it is like a fitness class and Martial Art class in one.

Song - Open Your Eyes
Artist - Guano Apes
Album - Proud Like A God

band out of Germany
not really popular in the US... but they have some very good shit.... i have all 3 of their CDs :thumbsup:

yup im still doing the chinese shaolin kung-fu thing... its fun, i cant wait till we get into aerials, ahh just a couple more months.

man, we dont have nifty looking stuff like that in judo

Back