Why is OBD2 engine better with OBD1 ECU??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

recyclefreak

Sorry, my other thread title doesn't sound right. If I have an OBD1 car and I swap in an OBD2 b18c engine why is it better to have an OBD1 ECU? I have a 94 Civic cx non-VTEC and they say I can run the VTEC wires to the ECU.

Sorry, my other thread title doesn't sound right. If I have an OBD1 car and I swap in an OBD2 b18c engine why is it better to have an OBD1 ECU? I have a 94 Civic cx non-VTEC and they say I can run the VTEC wires to the ECU.

Since your car is already obd1 it would only make sense to stay that way. If you were to go obd2 you would have to add a sensor and do more wiring. Plus obd2 computers just suck balls anyways, they throw the check engine light over stupid bullshit and are useless for tuning purposes. Use the harness off your old engine. Get a obd1 gsr dizzy, alternator, and injectors. This will make the harness plug and play. Then add the wires for the secondary butterflies and the vtec directly from the ecu to the sensors. Swap done!

Back