Why is putting a bodykit on your car.........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2ndGenTeg

Why is putting a bodykit on your car make you a ricer? I have been through many many forums like g2ic, honda-tech, b17a.net, and so on and everyone seems to hate bodykits. Everyone now days seems to think that the stock looks are better looking than the after market looks and in some case I do believe it does but it just depends on what kit you get. I think that if you like the jdm look its cool and if you like the bodykit look then it fine too I just don't understand why people must call racers with bodykits ricer..... Could someone help and anwser why??????

depends on how "flashy" the bodykit is...

i personally dont mind kits, as long as thee is somethin under the hood to back it up.

as long as thee is somethin under the hood to back it up.

Exactly, but there is such a thing as "Too Much" body kit/..

I think kits should accentuate the natural lines of the car...

When it gets to the point when it is hard to tell what car is under all of it,
it is time to "put the bondo spreader down, and step away from the vehicle."

in today's common era, JDM lips such as OEM type r, Jun, Mugen, Spoon is on the hit. like my girlfriend tells me everyday, "too much make-up make me look ugly" that theory is also true in cars too. Some kits are just damn ugle, and some are nice, depends on the person tuning the car if he's a noober booger, or a Street rocket freak.

my personal opinion, most body kits are lame, with few exceptions.

1. if they are AUTHENTIC jdm kits, i.e. Bomex, C-West, Veilside.
2. they are really low profile, i.e. the wings west RS kit for the EF civic.

with those exceptions only body kits can be really nice.

yeah i agree- it isn't just body kits that make someone a "ricer"- it's the idea that they are slapping fiberglass/urethane all over their car, and putting flashy neon and altezzas just to draw attention to their car, that makes them, in my mind, a ricer- THe true import owners, myself included are more interested in letting the performance of their vehicle draw the attention and not vinyls and fiberglass

as long as it matches most of the bodylines of the car. i dont want to see big wavy kits on an EF. And i dont want to see a boxy kit on an DA integra. Lips are great cuz the stock bumper has the exact same lines only slightly more aggressive.

Oh and if you get a body kit, PAINT IT!!!

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Feb 20 2004, 03:31 PM

:withstupid:

you can add to that list, Wings west type W front lip but not the rear, And the offical mugen side skirts fot the 4dr 6th gen, and not the cali style knock offs

ok so because i like to sport an all primered car with a Buddy Club kit and FEELs wing, such as my EF hatchie i had here, that would make me a stupid ricer?? not all people are into racing such as myself. if you dont appreciate me because of the way i fix up my cars, then you dont deserve to be into the car scene. "dont hate, appreciate."

I believe it should be summed up into, "it's your car - do what you want to it, not based on others opinions".

Just remember, everything is Rice to outsiders. Don't matter if your car runs 12s with a body kit...it's still rice to Domestic drivers. Just leave it stock looking...and make it fast.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Feb 20 2004, 03:31 PM

I have to disagree w/ it not being rice just because it is JDM. I dont know if it is wind-tunnel tested but some of those veilside kits are wilder than the Wings West stuff. I cant say something is tight JUST because its from japan.

TPP: Im gonna be honest and say your car looks ricey to me (which is different from calling you a stupid ricer cuz I'm not), but just like everyone else it shouldnt matter what I think. If you like your car, more power to you. :thumbsup:

Cars werent ricey 3-4 years ago when everybody had a kit on their cars. What happened? I think its all a phase. Just like the CF phase and the current JDM one that everyone seems to be in. When I look at threads called " look at my EG/EK/ whatever" the first thing people say is, whats up with your taillights/bodykit/rims/ you should change them(or something of that nature). IMO its your own car who cares about what others think about it. :ph34r:

see now im more of the type that love the way my hatch looks stock but the kit and everything is there to make people say what is that because once i bought my car it was no longer a honda its now mine and there will b no others like it so i say trick it out to the fullest in and out and if someone says its gay or ugly or blah blah blah just drop it in gear and shit on them

Personally I don't think we meaning (Our Cars)even stand next to Japans Cars even if we have a japanese car. That is why we import the shit for our cars.
Which really has our economy fucked right now. I don't wait for them to build the kits or pieces that I want anyway I build my own molds for flares and wide body side scoops that are functional for cooling the brakes and my amp racks, and not one jdm part or kit I know of has those so what are you hyping about. Everybody copies Everybody. Don't Hate INNOVATE.
ONE

The first few body kits available on most cars were for fuel economy.......... <_<

WTF happened?.......

Now there is so much drag and weight added to make most of the cars out there legal slugs..... :roll:

With as many people out there driving mustangs and firebirds rolling up to us at every stoplight screaming "fucking ricers" or whatnot, we should support people with similar tastes. We may not all like the kits and neons, but we're all driving the same car in general. You may not like it, but calling someone names that drives the exact same car as you, but who has pasted stickers and bumpers on their car, is just kinda off. IMO. Yeah, I'm not into kits or stickers, but oh well if you are. I'll ride next to someone with a kit and stickers. No hate here.

I agree here with webink, we're all in this together. Domestic dicks are out there and they DONT CARE what you did to your car, it's all rice to them cuz they don't understand what we're doing here. They're always like...."uhhhh, your car only has 180hp?" yeah, in a crx you dip! These people dont appreciate those of us who are in it for the challenge. Anyone and their grandmother can buy a camaro. To take an econobox and make it fast is way better IMO. And as far as rice goes, this is my judgement on the whole issue and i'm sure you'll all agree to some point:

Yes, your car may look like "rice" to other racers. But if you FEEL for the whole scene, are not doing it to be trendy, and have a real place in your heart set aside for what is going on here, you're not ricey in my book. Just like clothes, people have different tastes and styles. If you SUPPORT the scene and APPRECIATE what others are trying to do with their cars, don't hate on them. I think we've all done some stupid stuff to our cars we regret now, but don't be so quick to shoot these people down. They're learning most likey, and in some cases, they could actually know a hell of a lot about imports. Man, give them a chance, they're getting riped on just a bad as you are for driving an import by domestic guys, do they really need to hear it from you too? :(

Back